The DMACC Career Center is here to provide students and alumni with a smooth transition from school into a successful career. Our support covers every step of the job seeking process and is available to any student or alumni in any stage of their career.
- Assistance with resumes, cover letters, and job applications
- Interview tips and techniques along with mock interview opportunities
- Career assessments and occupational information
- Work study employment assistance
We are located in Building 1 on the Ankeny Campus, and are available Monday-Friday from 7:30am - 4:00pm. We do not accept walk-ins, so please make an appointment prior to visiting our office. Please call 515-964-6200 to make an appointment.
Did you recently complete a degree, diploma, or certificate program at DMACC? If yes, please take a moment to complete our graduate follow-up survey (linked below). The survey takes about 5 minutes to complete.
Each year, the DMACC Career Center collects data about our graduates' professional and academic pursuits. All data is confidential and reported in groups by program. Please help us complete our report by completing your survey today!
If you experience issues accessing the Outcomes Survey website, please contact the Career Center at 515-964-6463 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Would you like some feedback on your resume? The DMACC Career Center is here to help! You have several options for getting help with your resume:
1. Upload Your Resume to College Central
Our staff will review any resume uploaded to College Central within 1-3 business days. To put your resume on College Central...
* Log into your account on www.CollegeCentral.com/DMACC
* Scroll to the Manage My Resume section on your account homepage; click the Upload a Resume link
* Browse your computer's files to find the desired resume file and upload it to College Central
PRO TIP: When you upload your resume to College Central, you can choose to authorize your resume to be searchable by employers. Many employers use College Central to search our resume database for candidates by major, graduation date, GPA, etc. If you make your resume searchable to employers, make sure your profile on College Central is up-to-date and contains all your information so employers can find/contact you.
2. Email Your Resume
Email your resume draft to email@example.com and a member of our staff will send you feedback within 1-3 business days. Be sure to include information about the type(s) of jobs or internships you're applying for in your email so we can tailor our feedback to your field.
3. Make an Appointment
Call 515-964-6200 and dial 0 to reach an operator who will help you make an appointment with a member of our staff. Our office is located on the Ankeny campus and is open Monday-Friday, 7:30-4:00pm year-round.
Looking for a job or internship in the Des Moines metro area? In addition to using your account on DMACC's College Central Network, you should also check out the Greater Des Moines Partnership's newly launched online Career Center! This is just one more great, free resource you can use in your job/internship search. Check it out today!
Announcement from the Plymouth Career Closet Organizers:
The Plymouth Career Closet has reopened at the new Wellmark Y at 5th and Grand in downtown Des Moines.
The Closet was hosted at the old Riverfront YMCA until last November when we closed to finish our new boutique space and move to the new Wellmark Y. Operating since 2009, the Plymouth Women's Career Closet provides central Iowa women FREE business clothing for interviews and for the workplace. We're the only place in town to provide women with a wardrobe of free good quality career clothes, accessories, shoes and more. Each woman may visit the Closet once a month until she has enough pieces to create a basic business wardrobe for her job.
Our hours are: Mondays and Thursdays from 1 pm to 4 pm,
and the first and second Saturdays each month from 9 am to noon.
The new Y is on the bus and trolley routes and is accessible from the skywalk. Weekdays there is on-street metered parking and a city parking ramp east of the Y. On Saturdays clients can park FREE on the street or in the city ramp. There is no free weekday Y parking available at this time.
About Our Services
You must register with CCN to use our services. Once registered, you may:
- Search for jobs posted exclusively to Des Moines Area Community College; search the Jobs Central® national job board and the Intern Central® national internship board.
- Build a résumé with Résumé Builder, or upload a résumé file to Resume Central® so it can be searched by employers (if you so authorize). Your résumé will be reviewed by our office and must be approved before it can be sent to employers or submitted online to posted jobs.
- Build an online portfolio in Career Portfolio Central® to support your résumé and demonstrate your best work to employers.
- Review your job search history. Report offers/hires.
- Receive emails about programs, services and job-related topics.
- Gain access to announcements, upcoming events, career advice documents, career advice videos, podcasts, and career articles from over 125 authors.