Chesapeake Community Plaza Conference Room 720 W. Wilshire, Suite 101, OKC, OK 73116
Are you interested in learning more about AmeriCorps service opportunities in Oklahoma?
Looking for a way to serve your community?
Please join us for a RECRUITMENT FAIR and INFORMATION SESSION to learn more about opportunities with the Oklahoma In Action/Oklahoma Serves – AmeriCorps Program
Wednesday, August 8 4-6pm Chesapeake Community Plaza Conference Room 720 W. Wilshire, Suite 101 Oklahoma City, OK
There will be a brief 10-minute information session on AmeriCorps member requirements held at 4:30 pm and 5:30 pm. Attendees will also have the opportunity to meet with various Oklahoma In Action AmeriCorps host site agencies, who are in the process of selecting applicants to serve as members. It is strongly recommended that applicants bring copies of their resumes.
MEMBER REQUIREMENTS: Oklahoma In Action/ Oklahoma Serves – AmeriCorps Program
• All full-time and half-time OK In Action/OK Serves Members serve 12-month terms of service that must start on September 1, 2012. Failure to complete the term-of –service could result in forfeiting the education award.
• Applicants must be a U.S. citizen, national, or legal permanent resident alien of the U.S. to be an AmeriCorps Member.
• Applicants must be at least 17 years old, although some host site agencies may require applicants to be at least 18.
• Member must have a high school diploma or GED.
• Some host sties may have specific skill requests in certain areas, and others may look for a bachelor's degree or a few years of related volunteer/job experience.
• Basic Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel skills, ability to use email to communicate.
It is strongly suggested interested participants register by emailing your name and phone number to Paula Wackenheim, OK In Action Program Director, at email@example.com.