"Success is never a destination -- it is a journey." -- Maya Sullivan
1. Exceed expectations; deliver results on or ahead of time.
2. Manage your time effectively.
3. Create a career plan with goals and training requirements.
4. Move away from day-to-day operations.
5. Develop strong rapport with colleagues, senior managers/executives.
6. Get a mentor, accept guidance in your career.
7. Know your organization's goals, vision, values, business strategies.
8. Create opportunities to further own/business goals.
9. Solicit feedback and assess the decision for purposes of continuous improvement.
10. Communicate effectively to people at all levels of your organization.
11. Build and maintain relationships with individuals who might impact your work.
12. Plan, prioritize and organize your work.
13. Manage own emotions and reactions.
14. Balance the demands of your personal and professional life.
15. Give yourself quarterly reviews, identify your accomplishments.
16. Become your own sales team, market your abilities.
17. Dedicate yourself to lifelong learning.
18. Be decisive and action oriented.
19. Commit to excellence and professionalism.
20. Be self-disciplined.
Cecile Peterkin is a trained Career/Life Coach and a member of the International Coach Federation (ICF). She is a professional with truly inspirational abilities, and her clients benefit from her knowledge base and intuitive abilities, which enable her to cultivate the best in people. Cecile genuinely loves people and others respond to her lively spirit and genuineness immediately. By listening attentively and learning about her clients' goals and challenges, she creates a strategy that helps them achieve and move to the next higher level.Visit her on the Web at http://www.cosmiccoachingcentre.com.© 2003 Cecile Peterkin
The views and opinions expressed in these articles do not necessarily reflect those of College Central Network, Inc. or its affiliates. Reference to any company, organization, product, or service does not constitute endorsement by College Central Network, Inc., its affiliates or associated companies. The information provided is not intended to replace the advice or guidance of your legal or medical professional.