As the spa strives to provide the client with a tranquil and safe environment, so too the spa-goer has certain expectations placed upon them.
To make the spa experience as relaxing and enjoyable as possible, here are a few simple guidelines to follow:
1. Book well in advance and, where possible, pick up a brochure from the spa that includes prices and treatments. Call 24-hours in advance if you need to cancel or reschedule.
2. Request detailed information on the type of treatment booked.
3. Ask about the therapist assigned to you. Do you prefer a male or female spa therapist?
4. Wear suitable clothes and be prepared to undress according to the spa treatment you have booked. Spa robes and slippers are provided for the comfort of the client and spa personnel are trained in proper draping techniques for complete comfort and privacy.
5. Arrive 1015 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment to ensure you are calm and relaxed before the spa treatment.
6. Always alert the spa therapist to any current or chronic health condition that may need to be addressed before your spa treatment.
7. In consideration of the other spa clientele, cell phones and pagers are not a good idea in the spa -- remember, you're there to get away from the stress!
8. Allow the therapist to advise and prepare you for the treatment you have reserved. As you relax and benefit from the spa treatment you will be sure to feel the stress melt away.
9. Everyone is different -- so feel free to speak or not during your treatment. Share information and feedback on your personal comfort level or any sensitive areas on the body.
10. Relax, you're at the spa! Enjoy the treatment and reap the full benefits.
11. Take time as you prepare to leave the treatment room. However, remember there may be another client waiting to use the space.
12. Determine the tipping policy in advance and be prepared accordingly.
13. Let the spa personnel know if your experience at the spa was as expected. Your feedback is always appreciated.
14. Now is a good time to ask about any new products to take home. Scented candles or essentials oils will help to enjoy the spa at home.
15. Remember the right way to spa is your way, so always have good communication with the spa personnel and make the experience a relaxing and memorable one.
Angie Kocsi is co-founder of Spas in Canada. After many years enjoying the great spas in Europe and drawing upon her knowledge of the corporate world, along with a successful career in Public Relations and International Marketing, www.spasincanada.ca was created. Contact the spa team by email: email@example.com.© 2005 Spas in Canada
The views and opinions expressed in these articles do not necessarily reflect those of College Central Network, Inc. or its affiliates. Reference to any company, organization, product, or service does not constitute endorsement by College Central Network, Inc., its affiliates or associated companies. The information provided is not intended to replace the advice or guidance of your legal or medical professional.