Schedule an Appointment
No Appointment schedules are active at this time.
Join the WBLP staff virtually on the first Thursday of every month at 12pm to learn the skills you need to be career ready when you start looking for your career. The Topics will include the following:
October 2021- Job Search
November 2021 - Filling out Employment Applications
December 2021 - Prepare a Resume
January 2022 - How to Ace an Interview
February 2022 - Networking
March 2022- Job Fair
April 2022 - College Central Network
May 2022 - Prepare a Resume
June 2022 - How to Ace an Interview
The Zoom Link is: https://gaston-edu.zoom.us/j/98781856914.
Welcome to Gaston College's online job posting and resume database system.
You can search for available jobs, Work-Based Learning Opportunities, and Apprenticeship Opportunities at any time from any computer.
The Work-Based Learning and Placement staff encourage you to post your resume on College Central Network if you want employers to consider you when they are searching for candidates for available employment opportunities. Review the Resume Authorizations carefully and select the option that is appropriate for you. You may change your Authorization at any time.
Contact the Work-Based Learning and Placement office if you have questions at 704-922-6360.
Go to the website.
The “Employability Lab”. This class covers one-on-one resume assistance and job searches.
Class meets Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:30am-12:30pm.
There will be No Class on 8/31, 9/2, 9/14, 10/5, 10/7, 11/23, 11/25.
Location: NCWorks Career Center (formally the Unemployment Office)
1391 Bessemer City Rd., Gastonia, NC
Instructor: Jerry Green
Upcoming Events & Programs
About Our Services
You must register with CCN to use our services. Once registered, you may:
- Search for jobs posted exclusively to Gaston College; search the Jobs Central® national job board and the Intern Central® national internship board.
- Build a résumé with Résumé Builder, or upload a résumé file to Resume Central® so you can apply directly to jobs and/or allow it to be searched by employers (if you so authorize). Your résumé will be reviewed by our office and must be approved before it can be sent to employers or submitted online to posted jobs.
- Build an online portfolio in Career Portfolio Central® to support your résumé and demonstrate your best work to employers.
- Review your job search history. Report offers/hires.
- Receive emails about programs, services and job-related topics.
- Gain access to announcements, upcoming events, career advice documents, career advice videos, podcasts, and career articles from over 125 authors.
- The Work-Based Learning and Placement Office has a full range of career opportunities
available, helping students present themselves effectively as
candidates, and aiding them in finding part-time, full-time, temporary,
and summer employment. In addition to current students, the placement
office is available to service all prospective graduates and alumni of