Schedule an Appointment
Listed below are options for appointments with staff at the Work-Based Learning and Placement Office and elsewhere on campus. You may schedule an appointment online or contact our office to discuss other options.
Discuss Job Search Assistance, Resume Review, and Interviewing Skills
- Application Assistance
- Cover Letter
- Interview Assistance
- Job Search
- Resume Review
Assist with how to develop a resume and cover letter.
- Cover Letter
- Resume Review
Welcome to Gaston College's online job posting and resume database system.
You can search for available jobs, Work-Based Learning Opportunities, and Apprenticeship Opportunities at any time from any computer.
Consider posting your resume on College Central Network if you want employers to consider you when they are searching for candidates for available employment opportunities. Review the Resume Authorizations carefully and select the option that is appropriate for you. You may change your Authorization at any time.
Contact the Work-Based Learning and Placement office if you have questions at 704-922-6360. We are currently working remotely, but we are still available to assist you.
Need to create or update your resume? Need assistance with job search? You can go to Gaston College-Dallas Campus in room DSC 212 every Tuesday from 9 am to 1 pm for job related assistance.
Jerry Green will be in DSC 212 every Tuesday through the first of May providing employability assistance at 'No Cost' to anyone who is unemployed, working part time, notified of impending lay off, or eligible for the federal earned income tax credit. This is an open, walk in employability skills class.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming Events & Programs
About Our Services
You must register with CCN to use our services. Once registered, you may:
- Search for jobs posted exclusively to Gaston College; search the Jobs Central® national job board and the Intern Central® national internship board.
- Build a résumé with Résumé Builder, or upload a résumé file to Resume Central® so you can apply directly to jobs and/or allow it to be searched by employers (if you so authorize). Your résumé will be reviewed by our office and must be approved before it can be sent to employers or submitted online to posted jobs.
- Build an online portfolio in Career Portfolio Central® to support your résumé and demonstrate your best work to employers.
- Review your job search history. Report offers/hires.
- Receive emails about programs, services and job-related topics.
- Gain access to announcements, upcoming events, career advice documents, career advice videos, podcasts, and career articles from over 125 authors.
- The Work-Based Learning and Placement Office has a full range of career opportunities
available, helping students present themselves effectively as
candidates, and aiding them in finding part-time, full-time, temporary,
and summer employment. In addition to current students, the placement
office is available to service all prospective graduates and alumni of