Watch this short video for instructions on how to create your account on CAREERnet and for a tour of features.
Go to the website.
NEWER TYPE OF PHISHING ATTACK - FRAUDULENT EMPLOYMENT
We encourage you to take care and notify us if you have had suspicious employment-related emails.
I want to make you aware of a resurfacing phishing strategy attackers are using to defraud our students and alumni.
We have seen an increase in number of e-mail messages sent with fraudulent employment offers targeting students.
Anyone who replies to one of these messages will be lead through a multi-stage e-mail “hiring” process, which eventually includes disclosure of highly sensitive personal information, such as social security and banking account numbers. After being “hired”, the victim will be sent via mail a “certified check” to deposit and be asked to purchase items for the “employer” (such as gift cards). The check is bogus and will bounce, but by the time the victim knows that, it will be too late; plus, the victim has disclosed all of the information needed to perform additional identity theft.
If you or another M State student receive an e-mail such as this, please forward it to email@example.com so that Minnesota State Colleges & Universities’ security team can take action.
Please contact me directly if you have any questions.
Sue Zurn, Career Services Director
Minnesota State Community and Technical College
firstname.lastname@example.org | 218-299-6515
Upcoming Events & Programs
About Our Services
You must register with CCN to use our services. Once registered, you may:
- Search for jobs posted exclusively to Minnesota State Community and Technical College; search the Jobs Central® national job board and the Intern Central® national internship board.
- Build a résumé with Résumé Builder, or upload a résumé file to Resume Central® so you can apply directly to jobs and/or allow it to be searched by employers (if you so authorize). Your résumé will be reviewed by our office and must be approved before it can be sent to employers or submitted online to posted jobs.
- Build an online portfolio in Career Portfolio Central® to support your résumé and demonstrate your best work to employers.
- Review your job search history. Report offers/hires.
- Receive emails about programs, services and job-related topics.
- Gain access to announcements, upcoming events, career advice documents, career advice videos, podcasts, and career articles from over 125 authors.