Introduction: College Central Network® provides a centralized web-based service (referred to herein as the "College Central Network" or "College Central" or "CCN" or the "Site") that brings together the nation's college educated and emerging entry-level talent comprised of students and alumni attending, having attended or graduated from United States based colleges and universities and connects them with their school's career and employment centers and/or employers seeking to hire them. This Terms of Service Agreement (this "Agreement") describes the terms and conditions under which authorized users of the Site ("you" or "User") may use the Site and the functionality, content and services offered to you by CCN Technology Services, Inc. and College Central Network ("the Company," "we" or "us") on or through the Site.
Please read this Agreement carefully. It contains the terms and conditions of service governing your access to and permitted use of the Site. CCN is not intending any "surprises" or "gotchas" in this Agreement. If you do not accept these Terms of Service, or you do not meet or comply with their provisions, you may not use College Central Network Site. As CCN has separate contractual terms relating to the use of the Site with its client schools, its partners and affiliates and prospective employers, this Agreement relates only to your access to and use of the Site.
CCN's intention is to have you in functional control of who can see and obtain information you have authorized to be seen or accessed by others. You can change your authorization settings at any time. You control who views the information that you enter into CCN. Once and while you are a registered user, you may choose to:
CCN values its Users. College Central Network was incorporated in 1997 to help educate, develop and provide effective electronic support for the next generation of our nation's emerging workforce. Our tools and services were developed to make your job search easier and more effective and to put you in control of your information. In addition to using CCN in your job search, CCN encourages all job seekers to visit their college or university career placement or employment center and to take advantage of their school's valuable career-related skills and information.
CCN operates as a hybrid service. Many of its services are offered to any student or graduate of any college or university based in the United States. Other services are exclusive to the students and alumni and those career service professionals and employers who hold direct contractual relationships with CCN.
This Terms of Service Agreement only pertains to Users of the Site and does not apply to employers who post jobs on the Site and who are bound by the Terms of Service Agreement located on EmployerCentral.com. CCN Client Schools are contracted clients of CCN, use CCN's Career Services Central® online career office management system and are legally bound by the specific terms and conditions as outlined in a separate signed agreement between CCN and that individual CCN Client School. This Terms of Service Agreement only covers the Users of the Site from any contracted or non-contracted school and not the CCN Client Schools or Employers themselves.
Okay, all that having been said (actually, written) to introduce and orient you to College Central Network's philosophy and our commitment to have you, the Site User, in control of your information, to use the Site you still must agree: 1) to be responsible for the type of information you post and/or upload, 2) be prudent in your use of this (and for that matter, any) internet Site (e.g. revealing passwords to others), and 3) abide by this Terms of Service Agreement. So read on (this is the stuff - all of it - including the Sections numbered 1 through 21 below - our lawyers want you to read and you must agree to in order to use our Site).
CCN grants you a limited, terminable, nonexclusive right to access and use the Site only for your personal use in seeking employment opportunities for yourself. This authorizes you to view and download a single copy of the material on the Site solely for your personal, noncommercial or quasi-commercial use. Your use of the Site is a privilege. CCN reserves the right to suspend or terminate that privilege for any reason at any time, at its sole discretion, with or without further notice.
Any use by you of this Site or related services indicates your acceptance of and agreement to be bound by this Terms of Service Agreement, as amended and in effect from time to time. When utilizing the College Central Network Site you understand and agree that:
We reserve the right to and may amend or modify these Terms of Service at any time. After any material or substantive changes to this Terms of Service Agreement, the next time you log on you will be notified of and asked to accept such changes as a condition to your further use of the Site.
1. Definitions. The following definitions apply to these Terms of Service and unless the context of a defined word reasonably requires otherwise, a defined term is intended to include its standard or colloquial meaning(s), as well as those set forth below and is not to be read narrowly:
2. General Rules of Use. You may use this Site only for lawful purposes within the stated context of CCN's intended and acceptable employment related purposes and use of the Site. CCN is the sole interpreter of the Site's intended and acceptable purposes and use and can permit or refuse usage. The following are general rules that apply to all Users:
Violations of system or network security will result in your no longer having access to the Site and may result in civil or criminal liability. CCN will investigate occurrences that may involve such violations and may involve and cooperate with law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who are involved in or otherwise foster such violations.
3. Unacceptable Site Usage; Third party copyrights and other rights. Any document you post on the College Central Network Site, including your résumé, Career Portfolio, any email to a prospective employer, or other documents may not contain:
Your résumé and, if applicable your Career Portfolio, must contain the accurate résumé and representation of you, an actual living individual seeking employment on a full-time, part-time, or contractual basis on his or her own behalf. You may not use your résumé, Career Portfolio or email to:
Your résumé and, if applicable your Career Portfolio, must contain sufficient detail to convey clearly to the Employer your qualifications as a candidate for employment.
Users shall use the Site for lawful purposes only. You shall not post or transmit through the Site any material which violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, which is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, profane or otherwise objectionable, which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law, or which, without CCN's express prior approval, contains advertising or any solicitation with respect to products or services. Any conduct by a User that in CCN's sole determination restricts or inhibits any other User from using or enjoying the Site will not be permitted.
The Site contains copyrighted material, trademarks and other proprietary information, including, but not limited to, text, software, photos, video, graphics, music and sound. The entire contents of the College Central Network are copyrighted as a collective work under the United States and international copyright laws. CCN owns a copyright in the selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement of such content, as well as in the content original to it. You may not modify, publish, perform, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works, or in any way exploit, any of the content, in whole or in part. You may download copyrighted material for your personal, non-commercial use only. Except as otherwise expressly permitted under copyright law or these terms, no copying, redistribution, retransmission, publication, performance, or commercial or quasi-commercial exploitation of downloaded material will be permitted without the express written permission of CCN and the copyright owner. In the event of any permitted copying, redistribution, performance or publication of copyrighted material, no changes in or deletion of author attribution, trademark legend or copyright notice shall be made. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading copyrighted material.
You may not and shall not upload, post or otherwise make available on the Site any material protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right without the express written permission of the owner of the copyright, trademark or other proprietary right and the burden of determining that any material is not protected by copyright rests with you. You shall be solely responsible and liable for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyrights, proprietary rights, or any other harm resulting from such a submission, including without limitation, actual and statutory damages. By submitting, posting or displaying material in any public area of the Site, you are deemed to have represented and warranted that the owner of such material (you or a third-party) has expressly granted CCN and you a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, perform, translate, transmit and distribute such material through the College Central Network and further waive any moral rights in such materials. User also permits any other Users to access, view, store or reproduce the material for that User's personal use.
Because of the nature of these Terms of Service and potential for damage to other Users in addition to money damages, CCN will be entitled to seek equitable relief upon a breach by you of this Terms of Service Agreement without the need to post a bond or other form of security.
The foregoing provisions of Section 3 are for the benefit of CCN, its subsidiaries, affiliates, its and their third party content providers and licensors, and each shall have the right to assert and enforce such provisions directly or on its or their own behalf.
5. Right to Change Terms. CCN shall have the right at any time to change or modify the Terms of Service applicable to your use of CollegeCentral.com, or any part thereof, or to impose new terms and/or conditions, including, but not limited to, adding fees and charges for use if your school is not a CCN Client School. Also refer to Section 13 below.
6. Equipment. Users shall be responsible for obtaining and maintaining all equipment needed for access to and use of the Site and any and all charges related thereto.
7. Monitoring. CCN shall have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor the content of College Central Network, to determine compliance with this Agreement and any operating rules established by CCN and to satisfy any law, regulation or authorized government request. CCN shall have the right in its sole discretion to edit, refuse to post or remove any material submitted to or posted on the Site. Without limiting the foregoing, CCN shall have the right to remove any material that CCN and/or the Company, in its sole discretion, finds to be in violation of the provisions of this Agreement or otherwise objectionable.
8. DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTY; LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY.
9. Indemnification. User agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless CCN, the Company (and its officers, directors, employees, and agents), its affiliates and its and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any claims, actions or demands (including, without limitation, costs, damages, and reasonable legal and accounting fees) arising from any actions or claims made, or resulting from or made in connection with your use of the Site, any document posted by you, and/or your breach of these Terms of Service.
10. Trademarks and Intellectual Property Rights. Trademarks and Intellectual Property Rights. The Site and all right, title, and interest in and to the Site are the sole property of CCN and/or its licensors, and are protected by U.S. and international copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws. Except for the limited license to use the Site expressly granted to you under this Agreement, CCN reserves for itself and its licensors (including, when and as applicable, affiliates, suppliers, CCN Client schools, participating employers, and business partners) sole ownership of all Site Content. Site Content includes, but is not limited to, color combinations, layout, design, "look and feel", text, graphics, icons, logos, buttons, images, compilation (meaning the collection of data and its arrangement and/or assembly) and any and all software used on or incorporated into the Site. Without limitation on the foregoing, you may not reproduce, modify, display, sell, or distribute the Content, or use it in any way or medium for public, commercial, or quasi-commercial purpose unless the Content is owned by, or licensed to You. You may not (a) copy or adapt the HTML code used to generate web pages on the Site; (b) use or attempt to use engines, manual or automated software, intelligent agents, scripts, robots, or other means or processes to navigate, access, scrape, crawl, or spider or otherwise capture or replicate any web pages or any data provided on this Site other than the search engines provided by CCN and other than generally available third-party web browsers (i.e., Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari); or (c) modify, decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Site. You must retain all copyright, trademark, service mark and other proprietary notices contained in the original Site Content on any copy you make of such material for personal or non-commercial use. Remember, you have acknowledged that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading copyrighted material (also see Sections 3, 11 and 15).
"College Central Network®", the CCN target design logo, and certain other names or logos appearing on the Site including, without limitation, "Jobs Central®", "College Central®", "Student Central®", "Employer Central®", "Résumé Central®", "Alumni Central®", "Intern Central®", "Career Portfolio Central®", "Career Advice Career Central®", "Career Services Central®", and "It's Time to Learn About You!®", and "Ask around. The Network works.®" are service marks or trademarks owned exclusively by CCN. All other product and service marks contained on the Site are the trademarks of their respective owners.
The contents of the Site, including, but not limited to, including color combinations, button shapes, layout, design, and all other graphic elements, the Site's look and feel, text, graphics, icons, logos, buttons and images and any and all software used on or incorporated in the Site (collectively, the "Site Content"), are protected under United States and foreign copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws. All Site Content is the property of CCN or its affiliates or suppliers, CCN Client Schools, participating employers or business partners. The compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement and/or assembly) of the Site Content is the exclusive property of CCN and is protected by United States and international copyright laws. Unauthorized use of the Site Content may violate copyright, trademark, patent and other laws. You must retain all copyright, trademark, service mark and other proprietary notices contained in the original Site Content on any copy you make of such material. You may not (a) sell or modify the Site Content; (b) modify, decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Site, or (c) reproduce, display, publicly perform, distribute, or otherwise use the Site Content in any way for any public, commercial or quasi-commercial purpose unless the content is owned by or licensed to you. Remember, you have acknowledged that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading copyrighted material (also see Sections 3, 11 and 15).
11. Third Party Content. CCN is a distributor (and not a publisher) of content supplied by third parties and Users. Accordingly, CCN has no more editorial control over such content than does a public library, bookstore, or newsstand. Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, or other information or content expressed or made available by third parties on or through the Site, including information providers, Users or any other user of College Central Network, are those of the respective author(s) or distributor(s) and not of CCN. Neither CCN nor any third-party provider of information guarantees the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any content, nor its merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose. In many instances, the content available through CCN represents the opinions and judgments of the respective information provider, User, or other user not under contract with CCN. CCN neither endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice or statement made on College Central Network by anyone other than authorized CCN employee spokespersons while acting in their official capacities on behalf of CCN. Under no circumstances will CCN be liable for any loss or damage caused by a User's reliance on information obtained through the Site. Please refer to Section 8 above for the complete provisions governing the disclaimers of warranty by CCN. It is the responsibility of the User to evaluate the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information, opinion, advice or other content available through the CCN Site. Please seek the advice of professionals, as appropriate, regarding the evaluation of any specific information, opinion, advice or other content.
Nothing on the Site shall be considered an endorsement, representation, or warranty with respect to any user or third party, whether in regards to its web site, products, services, hiring, experience, employment or recruiting practices, or otherwise.
12. Links to Other Sites. The CCN Site contains links to other web sites, such as employer sites and job-seeker sites. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and are not to be construed as an endorsement, representation or warranty by CCN of the content of any such third-party web sites. CCN is not responsible for the content of linked third-party sites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third-party web sites. If you decide to access linked third-party web sites, you do so at your own risk and should first ascertain the respective privacy and other policies of those third-party web sites.
13. Amendments to This Agreement; Possible Imposition of Fees for Non-CCN Client Schools; and Changes to Site. CCN shall have the right at any time to change or modify the Terms of Service applicable to your use of CollegeCentral.com, or any part of the Site, or to impose new terms and/or conditions, including, but not limited to, adding fees and charges for use if your school is not a CCN Client School. CCN may revise these Terms of Service at any time by updating this page. This Agreement and any subsequent changes will be binding on you on the date they are accepted by you. You will be given notice of any future material or substantive changes to these Terms of Service and if you wish to continue to use the Site, you must agree to the Terms of Service as then in effect. Thereafter, your use of the Site will be considered acceptance by you of all the then current Terms of Service. If at any time you consider the Terms of Service unacceptable, you may not use the Site any longer. Any new or different terms to these Terms of Service that may be proposed by you are specifically rejected by CCN unless CCN agrees to them in a signed writing specifically referencing those new or different terms. CCN may change the contents and any other attributes of the Site at any time.
14. Termination. CCN reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate or disable your password, account (or any part thereof) or access to or use of the Site, or remove or discard any content within the Site, for any reason and may terminate this Agreement with you at any time without further notice of such possibility, although it will endeavor (but is not obligated) to provide such notice. Without limiting the foregoing, CCN shall have the right to immediately terminate User's Account in the event of any conduct by User which CCN and/or the Company, in its sole discretion, considers to be unacceptable, or in the event of any breach by User of this Agreement (see in particular (see in particular, but not limited to) Sections 2, 3, 10 and 15. Further, you specifically agree that CCN shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your access to the Site or any related services. Unless the context requires otherwise, all the provisions of this Agreement shall survive termination of this Agreement (except those granting you access to or use of the Site), including, without limitation, this Section 14 and Sections 3, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 13, and 15. Upon termination of your right to use the Site, you shall immediately cease all your use and access thereof. CCN may investigate violations of this Agreement claimed by others and has the full right to suspend, disable or terminate access to the Site, without liability on its part, pending the outcome of any such investigation.
15. Copyrights and Copyright Agent. CCN respects the rights of all copyright holders and in this regard, CCN has adopted and implemented a policy that provides for the termination of User access to the Site in appropriate circumstances for any User who infringes the rights of copyright holders. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide CCN's Copyright Agent with the following information required by the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. 512:
For copyright inquiries under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, please contact:
College Central Network
245 8th Avenue
New York, NY 10011
16. Use outside of the United States. CCN makes no claims that the content is appropriate or may be downloaded outside of the United States. Access to the content may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries, and such persons have no right to access or use the Site. If you access CCN from outside of the United States, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction.
17. Jurisdiction. This Terms of Service Agreement and its Terms of Service are governed by the internal substantive laws of the State of New York, without application of New York's conflict of laws principles. Jurisdiction for any claims arising under these Terms of Service shall lie exclusively with the state or federal courts in the State of New York. If any provision of these Terms of Service is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of all or part of a provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining parts and provisions of these Terms of Service, which shall remain in full force and effect.
18. No Waiver. No waiver of any term of these Terms of Service by either you or CCN shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term and no implied waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default.
19. Assignment. You may not assign or transfer your rights or delegate your obligations under these Terms of Service. CCN has the right to transfer or assign its rights and delegate its obligations under this Agreement, however, if there is a change in legal control of CCN resulting in any material or substantive change to this Terms of Service Agreement, you will be asked to review and accept (or decline) any such modified Terms of Service Agreement.
20. Section Headings. The Section headings used herein are for convenience only and shall not be given any legal or interpretative effect.
So much for the language of lawyers... Now we hope you enjoy and benefit from our Site.
Last Updated June 30, 2021
Copyright © CCN Technology Services, Inc. and College Central Network