Schedule an Appointment
Listed below are options for appointments with staff at the Career Center and elsewhere on campus. You may schedule an appointment online or contact our office to discuss other options.
COVID-19 has created new norms in the workplace, and the process for searching for a job. Meet with staff to design the best strategy for executing your job search. Get tips on how to plan a successful job search.
- Job Search "Open" Session
Are you ready for your new career? Are you transitioning to a new career/job? Bring your questions. We have the answers.
Hear about the skills employers will need to see on your résumés. Learn how to convert your classroom learning, projects, and prior work history to your new target.
- Interviewing: Interviewing and Beyond
Get a quick 15 minute review of your current résumé and determine what to do next. Please have a sample of your intended job target ready for the appointment.
- Résumé: Request a Quick Résumé Critique
Do you have your electronic résumé ready for your job search? No? Get an introduction of why /how you must have one ready to maintain a competetive edge in the workplace.
- Résumé: Creating an Electronic Résumé
WE CANNOT MAKE EDITS TO YOUR RÉSUMÉ ON THIS SITE SO WE DO NOT RECOMMEND THAT YOU UPLOAD A RÉSUMÉ UNLESS IT WAS APPROVED IN OUR ELECTRONIC RÉSUMÉ BUILDER AT OptimalResume.
Go to https://www.aacc.edu/resources/careers-and-employment/employment-services/ to access a full range of our online services.
(1) Once you get to the website, click on “How to write a résumé” to view our Résumé Writing Guide.
(2) Click on “Creating a résumé” to get to our electronic résumé builder at OptimalResume. YOU MUST FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS TO CREATE AND COMPLETE YOUR DOCUMENT. DO NOT UPLOAD YOUR CURRENT DOCUMENT INTO THE BUILDER.
(3) You will then send the document to our Review Center for further edits and review.
Questions? Send email to email@example.com
Go to the website.
The staff at Employment Services make every effort to perform checks and due diligence on new employers who register on our database. However, we ask that you check the following when conducting your job search or responding to job postings:
The company’s website does not work nor has detailed information about the company.
The email address for the recruiter is personal and does not correspond to the company’s email on record. For example, you may see firstname.lastname@example.org instead of email@example.com.
The address for the job posting lists a home address and does not correspond to the legal business address for the company.
The job description is sparse; includes spelling and grammatical errors, and is not in keeping with the company’s services and mission.
The recruiter is offering you a job without a face to face interview.
The recruiter asks for your personal information (bank account, social security number, credit card) OR asks you to send money or prepay for services and you will be reimbursed later.
The compensation seems far too generous. For example, you are offered $2,400.00 per week to perform simple tasks.
Google: Conduct a google search using the name of the employer and then the recruiter’s name and the word “scam” and check results.
Better Business Bureau: Go to http://www.bbb.org/ and check the company/recruiter’s name and you can also use the scam tracker available on the site.
Federal Trade Commission: Go to https://www.ftc.gov/ for various consumer information including SCAM Alerts.
Glassdoor: Go to www.glassdoor.com and conduct a company review.
If you think you have engaged in any fraudulent activity with an employer:
1. Cease any activity with the employer.
2. Contact Employment Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Get your résumé updated NOW! Check out our workshops at https://www.collegecentral.com/aacc
2. Attend our SPRING 2021 VIRTUAL JOB FAIR
April 26, 2021-May 1, 2021
Registration is REQUIRED and begins on March 5 at https://bit.ly/3rqgUZX
Questions? Email email@example.com
Go to: https://bit.ly/3rqgUZX
Go to the website.
Mayor’s Office of Employment Development has a new Now Hiring COVID-19 Job Board.
You are also invited to tune in each Wednesday at 1:00 pm to the Mayor’s Office of Employment Development (MOED) Virtual Recruitment session via our Facebook page - https://facebook.com/BaltMOED.
The MOED Virtual Recruitment session features one or more of our employers who are registered with the Maryland Workforce Exchange.
Go to the website.
• Midday Monitors work on either Mondays and Tuesdays or Thursdays and Fridays (or all
• This is an in-person position.
• Monitor student activities during a midday block from 11 am to 1 pm
o Support students as they eat their lunch in the classroom.
o Supervise students as they participate in recess.
o Read to students or monitor students during quiet time after recess and lunch.
• $14/hour for 4-8 hours/week (No experience necessary)
• This is a temporary position.
NOTE: Monitors qualify for early COVID vaccinations as AACPS employees
Questions? Call 410-222-5021
Go to the website.
Upcoming Events & Programs
About Our Services
You must register with CCN to use our services. Once registered, you may:
- Search for jobs posted exclusively to Anne Arundel Community College; search the Jobs Central® national job board and the Intern Central® national internship board.
- Upload a résumé file to Resume Central® so you can apply directly to jobs and/or allow it to be searched by employers (if you so authorize). Your résumé will be reviewed by our office and must be approved before it can be sent to employers or submitted online to posted jobs.
- Build an online portfolio in Career Portfolio Central® to support your résumé and demonstrate your best work to employers.
- Review your job search history. Report offers/hires.
- Receive emails about programs, services and job-related topics.
- Gain access to announcements, upcoming events, career advice documents, career advice videos, podcasts, and career articles from over 125 authors.
- Manage your on-campus interview schedules.
- Search our Mentoring Network to find profiles of people who work in your fields of interest and contact them online.
- You may also join our Mentoring Network without registering in Alumni Central. However, you must register in Alumni Central to take advantage of all online services. This includes the opportunity to search and network with other Mentors.
- If you only wish to complete a Mentoring Profile, please go to our Mentoring Network page.
- Employment Services provides free employment-related resources for alumni seeking part-time or full-time employment.
- We encourage you to take advantage of the free employment resources and services such as our online job board; on-campus recruiting and job fairs; résumé builder; job search workshops, including résumé development; interviewing techniques, and salary negotiation.