This software is currently heavily skewed to the United States and therefore you will encounter challenges in inputting details such as location. We have posted some guidelines to help you better navigate around some of these challenges.
Kindly bear with us as we work with the programmers to rectify this. We are hoping to have it all sorted by April this year.
Registration challenges and temporary solutions:
1.Location/State – Select “outside US” when options are limited to US states.
2.Zip Code – Type “0000”
3.Veteran Status – Please ignore
4.School Email Notices – Please check this box as we will be sending out very important communication to all students via this platform.
5.CCN Email Notices – You can uncheck this if you do not want to be receiving bulk emails from CCN.
6.The Career Mentoring Network has not been rolled out yet. Information will be sent out when it is activated.
7.Do not use the “Change My Status from Student to Alumnus/a” tool as this will prevent you from using the student page.
Upload a resume file to Resume Central® so it can be searched by employers (if you so authorize).
Please note that your resume will be reviewed by our office and must be approved before it can be sent to employers or submitted online to posted jobs.
Attend a CV writing session, CV Clinic or meet with a Career Peer Advisor (CPA) to build and/or edit your resume.
How to Access Internship and Job Postings - Go to "Search for opportunities posted to my school".
Ignore the following
"Search over 25,000 Internships"
"Search over 500,000 Jobs"
Currently, these are only available within the US. However changes will be made to include Job opportunities within Africa by April this year.
Upcoming Events & Programs
About Our Services
You must register with CCN to use our services. Once registered, you may:
- Search for jobs posted exclusively to Ashesi University; search the Jobs Central® national job board and the Intern Central® national internship board.
- Upload a résumé file to Resume Central® so you can apply directly to jobs and/or allow it to be searched by employers (if you so authorize). Your résumé will be reviewed by our office and must be approved before it can be sent to employers or submitted online to posted jobs.
- Build an online portfolio in Career Portfolio Central® to support your résumé and demonstrate your best work to employers.
- Review your job search history. Report offers/hires.
- Receive emails about programs, services and job-related topics.
- Gain access to announcements, upcoming events, career advice documents, career advice videos, podcasts, and career articles from over 125 authors.
- Manage your on-campus interview schedules.
- Search our Mentoring Network to find profiles of people who work in your fields of interest and contact them online.
- ABOUT ASHESI CAREER SERVICES
- Whether just beginning college, approaching graduation or forging ahead in the working world, Ashesi Career Services Center strategically trains and prepares you to succeed and remain globally competitive. By taking you through various career developmental programmes, providing the right resources and connecting you to notable employers, you are adequately prepared for rewarding careers and are able to exhibit great workplace acumen combined with academic and technical competence.