paid, full-time, professional, 13-month experience for college graduates
Persons who wish to apply for the telecommunications fellow positions must:
1. Complete at least a bachelor’s degree program by December 2019, with a major or minor in at least one of the following areas*:
• Mass Media Communications
• Journalism (Broadcast or Video & Film)
• Communications/Communication Arts (Electronic Media, Broadcasting)
2. Have production experience in one or more of the following areas: videography, editing, directing, lighting, and/or audio production;
3. Have excellent written and oral communications skills; and
4. Submit a packet of all application materials postmarked on or before May 31, 2019.
In addition, applicants are expected to have a strong overall academic record. Residents and nonresidents of the state of Ohio may apply. Prior political involvement or participation in a political party is not required.
To be considered for the 2020 program, one complete application packet must be postmarked on or before May 31, 2019, and must include one original of each of the following items:
• a 2020 Telecommunications Application form;
•unofficial transcript(s) from each college or university attended (for more than one quarter or semester);
• two sealed letters of recommendation;
•a carefully edited two- to four-page typewritten personal statement; and
• a five-minute (max) demo reel publicly accessible via web link with your name and duties related to the project(s) clearly indicated
Go to the website.
Paid, full-time, professional, 13-month experience for college graduates
* Applicants must submit a packet of all application materials by the April 1, 2019, postmark deadline, and have completed at least a bachelor’s degree program by December 2019.
* Persons with graduate or law degrees also may apply. There are no requirements placed on major fields of study except for the two fellows assigned to OGT/The Ohio Channel, who must have a telecommunications or related degree.
* Most successful applicants have a strong academic record, and all have excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Residents and nonresidents of the state of Ohio may apply.
*Prior political involvement or participation in a political party is not required.
To be considered for the 2020 program, one complete application packet must be postmarked on or before April 1, 2019, and must include each
of the following items:
• a 2020 Legislative Application form;
• a resumé;
• transcript(s) from each college or university attended (for more than one quarter or semester);
• two sealed letters of recommendation; and
• a carefully edited two- to four-page typewritten personal statement.
Go to the website.
Upcoming Events & Programs
About Our Services
You must register with CCN to use our services. Once registered, you may:
- Search for jobs posted exclusively to Bluffton University; search the Jobs Central® national job board and the Intern Central® national internship board.
- Build a résumé with Résumé Builder, or upload a résumé file to Resume Central® so you can apply directly to jobs and/or allow it to be searched by employers (if you so authorize). Your résumé will be reviewed by our office and must be approved before it can be sent to employers or submitted online to posted jobs.
- Build an online portfolio in Career Portfolio Central® to support your résumé and demonstrate your best work to employers.
- Review your job search history. Report offers/hires.
- Receive emails about programs, services and job-related topics.
- Gain access to announcements, upcoming events, career advice documents, career advice videos, podcasts, and career articles from over 125 authors.
- Manage your on-campus interview schedules.
- Search our Mentoring Network to find profiles of people who work in your fields of interest and contact them online.
- You may also join our Mentoring Network without registering in Alumni Central. However, you must register in Alumni Central to take advantage of all online services. This includes the opportunity to search and network with other Mentors.
- If you only wish to complete a Mentoring Profile, please go to our Mentoring Network page.