paid, full-time, professional, 13-month experience for college graduates
Persons who wish to apply for the telecommunications fellow positions must:
1. Complete at least a bachelor’s degree program by December 2019, with a major or minor in at least one of the following areas*:
• Mass Media Communications
• Journalism (Broadcast or Video & Film)
• Communications/Communication Arts (Electronic Media, Broadcasting)
2. Have production experience in one or more of the following areas: videography, editing, directing, lighting, and/or audio production;
3. Have excellent written and oral communications skills; and
4. Submit a packet of all application materials postmarked on or before May 31, 2019.
In addition, applicants are expected to have a strong overall academic record. Residents and nonresidents of the state of Ohio may apply. Prior political involvement or participation in a political party is not required.
To be considered for the 2020 program, one complete application packet must be postmarked on or before May 31, 2019, and must include one original of each of the following items:
• a 2020 Telecommunications Application form;
•unofficial transcript(s) from each college or university attended (for more than one quarter or semester);
• two sealed letters of recommendation;
•a carefully edited two- to four-page typewritten personal statement; and
• a five-minute (max) demo reel publicly accessible via web link with your name and duties related to the project(s) clearly indicated
Go to the website.
Know any Young Adult Leaders?
3. Sponsor young adults in your area to come to FCNL Spring Lobby Weekend, March 23-26, 2019.
2. Talk to your youing relatives, students and young Friends in your Meeting about applying for paid opportunities at FCNL
3. Reach out to your local universities and connect with FCNL.
Go to: http://fcnl.org/youngadults
Go to the website.
The Institute of Reading Development offers summer reading skills programs in partnership with the continuing education departments of more than 100 colleges and universities nationwide. Each year we hire hard-working, encouraging people with a passion for reading to teach our summer programs.
As an Institute teacher you will:
• Earn more than $6,000 in one summer. Our full-time teachers typically earn $500-$700 per week.
• Improve your teaching skills and confidence during our comprehensive, paid training program.
• Gain over 400 hours of classroom teaching experience with a variety of age groups from 4-year-olds to adults.
• Help your students become successful readers with a love of great books.
We are seeking applicants from any academic discipline. All applicants must have an undergraduate degree or higher in their field before the start of our teaching season.
Successful Institute teachers:
• Have strong reading skills and read for pleasure
• Are responsible and hard-working, with good communication and organizational skills
• Will be patient and supportive with students
Go to: http://readingprograms.org
Go to the website.
Upcoming Events & Programs
About Our Services
You must register with CCN to use our services. Once registered, you may:
- Search for jobs posted exclusively to Bluffton University; search the Jobs Central® national job board and the Intern Central® national internship board.
- Build a résumé with Résumé Builder, or upload a résumé file to Resume Central® so you can apply directly to jobs and/or allow it to be searched by employers (if you so authorize). Your résumé will be reviewed by our office and must be approved before it can be sent to employers or submitted online to posted jobs.
- Build an online portfolio in Career Portfolio Central® to support your résumé and demonstrate your best work to employers.
- Review your job search history. Report offers/hires.
- Receive emails about programs, services and job-related topics.
- Gain access to announcements, upcoming events, career advice documents, career advice videos, podcasts, and career articles from over 125 authors.
- Manage your on-campus interview schedules.
- Search our Mentoring Network to find profiles of people who work in your fields of interest and contact them online.
- You may also join our Mentoring Network without registering in Alumni Central. However, you must register in Alumni Central to take advantage of all online services. This includes the opportunity to search and network with other Mentors.
- If you only wish to complete a Mentoring Profile, please go to our Mentoring Network page.