Schedule an Appointment
No Appointment schedules are active at this time.
If something sounds too good to be true, it usually is.
While the CIA Career Services team does our best job to pre-screen employers, you should know how to identify a fraudulent job posting.
What are the signs a job posting is a fraud? Check out this infographic for more information!
Go to the website.
The Cleveland Institute of Art (CIA) Career Center provides career advising and resources to students and alumni. As a part of these services, CIA students and alumni are provided access to job opportunities through College Central. College Central is CIA's online job board that features a variety of full-time, part-time, freelance art and design opportunities.
The CIA Career Center is committed to complying with the ethical standards of the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) and expects students and employers to be honest and professional in the job and internship process. To maintain the positive reputation of the Career Center and the Cleveland Institute of Art, students and alumni must agree to the following terms as a user of College Central:
1. I agree to provide accurate and truthful information about my qualifications and educational background in my online profile, my resume, and any supplemental job-search documents I upload to the system. There is an expectation of professional ad courteous conduct on part of the individual (‘user’).
2. I will keep my profile information up to date, including my current contact information, email address, and academic major and class year. If a current CIA student, I will use my @student.cia.edu email address in my College Central profile.
3. I authorize the Career Center to release my resume and/or portfolio to employers as specified when the resume/portfolio was submitted to College Central or the Career Center resume submission page. Users can change this authorization by editing the account settings in College Central or contacting the Career Center.
4. I am responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of my login information and password. I am responsible for all uses of my College Central registration, whether or not authorized by me. If others use my password to access job listings or to post inappropriate material on the site, I risk losing my access to the site. I agree to notify the Career Center immediately of any unauthorized use of my College Central account.
5. I agree to the College Central Terms and Conditions.
The CIA Career Center provides College Central only for your personal use. Access to College Central is a privilege for enrolled CIA students, alumni, and authorized faculty and staff. The Cleveland Institute of Art and the CIA Career Center reserve the right to suspend or terminate this privilege at their discretion.
Please note, professional decorum is also expected from our employers, if an employer on College Central has treated you in an unprofessional manner, please contact the Career Center immediately (216-421-8073). Employers can also lose their account privileges for unprofessional behavior.
Upcoming Events & Programs
About Our Services
You must register with CCN to use our services. Once registered, you may:
- Search for jobs posted exclusively to Cleveland Institute of Art; search the Jobs Central® national job board and the Intern Central® national internship board.
- Build a résumé with Résumé Builder, or upload a résumé file to Resume Central® so you can apply directly to jobs and/or allow it to be searched by employers (if you so authorize). Your résumé will be reviewed by our office and must be approved before it can be sent to employers or submitted online to posted jobs.
- Build an online portfolio in Career Portfolio Central® to support your résumé and demonstrate your best work to employers.
- Review your job search history. Report offers/hires.
- Receive emails about programs, services and job-related topics.
- Gain access to announcements, upcoming events, career advice documents, career advice videos, podcasts, and career articles from over 125 authors.
- Search our Mentoring Network to find profiles of people who work in your fields of interest and contact them online.