Welcome to the CIU JobBoard, our new online job posting and resume database system.
To create an ACCESS ID:
You must be registered through Net Community (go to www.ciu.edu/alumni for information on registering). After logging into Net Community, click on the CIU JobBoard icon and register using the same Access ID that you use for Net Community. You can use the same password or create a new one.
Once approved, you can search for jobs at any time from any computer.
If you want employers to consider you when they are searching for candidates, you can upload a resume.
If you want to upload a resume in order to send it to potential employers but you do not want an employer to search your resume, select the second authorization option on your registration form.
Contact Alumni Ministries if you have questions. Email: email@example.com. Direct Line: 803.807.5500. Toll Free: 800.777.2227 (x5500).
1. Tips for searching for a position with a Church:
- In the “Job Targets” section, select “Religion/Religious Education” from the drop-down menu
- Type “Church” in the “Company Name (contains)” field
o For all church job postings in any location, leave the “Any Location” highlighted in the “Job Location” section
o For a specific state or several, select those in the “Job Location” section
o For openings in other countries, highlight “Outside U.S.” in the “Job Location” section
- For specific types of job openings in churches, enter a commonly used job title in the “Job Title (contains)” field or enter one of the words below in the “School Job ID” field:
o Child care
o Christian Ed
2. Tips for searching for a position in Education:
- In the “Job Targets” section, select one or more of the “Education” choices from the drop-down menu
- For openings in Christian schools, type “Christian Schls” in the “School Job ID” section (in the “Job Location” section, leave “Any Location” highlighted to view all job postings or select specific states or highlight “Outside U.S.” for other countries)
- For specific job titles, enter the job title in the “Job Title (contains)” field
- For teaching English as a foreign language jobs, type “TEFL/ESL” in the “School Job ID” field
- For tutoring jobs, type “Tutoring” in the “School Job ID” field
3. Tips for searching for other types of jobs:
- In the “Job Targets” section, select one or up to 5 different job targets
- In the “School Job ID” field, type one of the following:
o Business (for jobs in non-Christian organizations)
o Camp/Conf (for jobs at camps or conferences)
o Child Care (for jobs involving children)
o Christian Org (for jobs in Christian organizations & ministries)
o Counseling (for counseling/therapy type jobs)
o Missions (for jobs in Mission’s agencies)
About Our Services
You must register with CCN to use our services. Once registered, you may:
- Search for jobs posted exclusively to Columbia International University; search the Jobs Central® national job board and the Intern Central® national internship board.
- Build a résumé with Résumé Builder, or upload a résumé file to Resume Central® so it can be searched by employers (if you so authorize). Your résumé will be reviewed by our office and must be approved before it can be sent to employers or submitted online to posted jobs.
- Build an online portfolio in Career Portfolio Central® to support your résumé and demonstrate your best work to employers.
- Review your job search history. Report offers/hires.
- Receive emails about programs, services and job-related topics.
- Gain access to announcements, upcoming events, career advice documents, career advice videos, podcasts, and career articles from over 125 authors.