ON-CAMPUS INTERVIEWING (OCR)
College of Lake County has implemented an On-Campus Recruiting (OCR) module, you can search for jobs that involve on-campus interviewing
via the "Search for Jobs/Opportunities Posted to My School" link.
On the job search page you will have the option of searching for all jobs, or just those that include an "on-campus interview".
Once you have submitted your résumé to an OCR job, you may be invited to be interviewed by the employer. You will then see the following message at the top of your home page when you log in:
"You have been selected for an on-campus interview".
To schedule an interview, please click on the "Check My On-Campus Interview Status" link below.
As long as the Interview Dates have not passed for jobs where you have submitted your résumé, this link will be visible to you.
The Interview Status page is the most important page to check for on-campus interviewing. It will tell you the following information:
1. "Notifications to Schedule an Interview"
This is a list of jobs for which you have been selected to interview, but you have not yet chosen a time slot.
2. Click on the "Schedule" link,
then select the time you want to be interviewed. Once saved, this information will appear on your Interview Status page under Scheduled Interviews. "Scheduled Interviews"
3. Here you will see summary information about on-campus interviews that you have already scheduled.
You may click on the Job ID to view the job posting, or click on the Schedule link to view the interview location and other time slots that are still available.
4. If you would like to change your interview time, contact your career center and give them your Access ID. They will be able to assign you a new time slot if it is still available.
This change will automatically be updated on your Interview Status page.
5. Other Submissions- These are other jobs to which you have submitted your résumé, but have not yet been selected to be interviewed. Your résumé status may be assigned one of two values: "Pending" or "Not Selected".
"Pending" means that the employer has not made a decision to invite you for an interview.
"Not Selected" means that the employer has decided not to invite you for an interview.
6. Check your Interview Status page daily, as a résumé status of "Pending" is always subject to change. You may be invited to interview for a job that you selected at any time between the date that you submitted your résumé and the date that interviews are scheduled to take place.
Please search LancerJobLink daily for new companies that are utilizing our new On Campus Interviewing resources.
for more assistance contact Annette Halsey at 847-543-2059 or email@example.com
College of Lake County provides a free job posting service. College of Lake County does not endorse any company and/or its services. It is the responsibility of each job seeker to research the integrity of the organization(s) to which he/she is applying and verify the specific information pertaining to the job posting. College of Lake County is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or other aspects of off-campus employment or guarantee that all jobs are still available. College of Lake County does not promote employment where job seekers are required to provide a monetary commitment to start a position or positions where the employer does not provide a guaranteed wage or compensation.
Welcome to our new online job posting and resume database system.
Once registered, you can search for jobs at any time from any computer.
If you want employers to consider you when they are searching for candidates, you must upload a resume.
Review the Resume Authorizations carefully and select the option that is appropriate for you. You may change your Authorization at any time.
Contact the Career and Job Placement Center at 847-543-2059 if you have questions.
Career and Job Placement Center
Learn, Explore and Discover the 5 Steps to Career Success
(1) Resume Guidelines – (2) Job Search Strategy –
(3) ePortfolio – (4) Interviewing Practices – (5) Internship Employment
The Career and Job Placement Center offers job search and career assistance to students, alumni and Lake County job seekers. Among the services offered by the office are:
*Internet Job Database
*Job Search Strategy
*Annual Job Fairs
*Monthly Mini Job Fairs
Do you find yourself in need of one or more of the offered services above?
Contact: Career and Job Placement Center
College of Lake County
19351 W. Washington Street
Grayslake, IL 60030
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
You must register with LancerJobLink to use our services. Once registered, you may:
Search for jobs posted exclusively to College of Lake County; search the Jobs Central® national job board and the Intern Central® national internship board.
Build a résumé with Résumé Builder, or upload a résumé file to Resume Central® so it can be searched by employers (if you so authorize).
Review your job search history. Report offers/hires.
Receive emails about programs, services and job-related topics.
Gain access to announcements, upcoming events, career advice documents, career advice videos, podcasts, and career articles from over 125 authors.
Search our Mentoring Network to find profiles of people who work in your fields of interest and contact them online. After you register, you must obtain our school password in order to search the profiles.
Build an online portfolio in Career Portfolio Central® to support your résumé and demonstrate your best work to employers.
To view a sample of jobs available this week, click on the link below.
About Our Services
You must register with CCN to use our services. Once registered, you may:
- Search for jobs posted exclusively to College of Lake County; search the Jobs Central® national job board and the Intern Central® national internship board.
- Build a résumé with Résumé Builder, or upload a résumé file to Resume Central® so it can be searched by employers (if you so authorize).
- Build an online portfolio in Career Portfolio Central® to support your résumé and demonstrate your best work to employers.
- Review your job search history. Report offers/hires.
- Receive emails about programs, services and job-related topics.
- Gain access to announcements, upcoming events, career advice documents, career advice videos, podcasts, and career articles from over 125 authors.
- Manage your on-campus interview schedules.
- Search our Mentoring Network to find profiles of people who work in your fields of interest and contact them online. After you register, you must obtain our school password in order to search the profiles.