Fraudulent Job Opportunities
Although we here in the Work Experience Office make an effort to check out each employer’s authenticity to the best of our ability, students should still be cautious when applying.
• Students should be aware that all employment laws apply to all employers.
• Students should meet in person with the employer at a legitimate place of business.
• Students should never give out or use their personal banking information for the employer.
For your protection please refer to the Better Business Bureau website https://www.bbb.org/ to research the potential employer.
For more information about avoiding job scams go to: http://jobsearch.about.com/od/jobsearchscams/a/jobscams.htm
Welcome to our new online job posting and resume database system.
Once registered, you can search for jobs at any time from any computer.
If you want employers to consider you when they are searching for candidates, you must upload a resume.
Review the Resume Authorizations carefully and select the option that is appropriate for you. You may change your Authorization at any time.
Contact the Cooperative Work Experience Education office if you have questions.
About Our Services
You must register with CCN to use our services. Once registered, you may:
- Search for jobs posted exclusively to College of the Desert; search the Jobs Central® national job board and the Intern Central® national internship board.
- Build a résumé with Résumé Builder, or upload a résumé file to Resume Central® so it can be searched by employers (if you so authorize).
- Build an online portfolio in Career Portfolio Central® to support your résumé and demonstrate your best work to employers.
- Review your job search history. Report offers/hires.
- Receive emails about programs, services and job-related topics.
- Gain access to announcements, upcoming events, career advice documents, career advice videos, podcasts, and career articles from over 125 authors.
- Free account for students
- Apply to position directly from website