Dakota County Technical College (DCTC) Career Services provides an online job board (www.collegecentral.com/dctc) where employers post information about current job listings for students and alumni. DCTC shall not be responsible to anyone who posts, accesses or uses the job board for any direct/indirect harm, damage or loss incurred in connection with such use. DCTC does not claim any responsibility or obligation to assess or determine the suitability of any individual seeking employment, any potential employer, or any potential employment situation. By using the online system to post, retrieve information, or engage in employment activities, the user agrees to the above terms and disclaimer of DCTC liability.
Postings will remain active for the stated timeframe employers have set. Once a posting expires, it is the responsibility of the employer to repost it. We reserve the right to refuse individual postings. DCTC Career Services will not post a position if:
• The employment opportunity involves on-campus solicitation or on-campus sales.
• The student is required to purchase, rent, or obtain a line of credit for any type of sales kit or presentation supplies.
• The student is required to obtain a personal or corporate line of credit.
• The employment or internship opportunity is contingent upon the student paying a fee for employment or placement services.
• The posting is for a part-time commission-only position.
• There is not enough information provided in the posting to verify that the organization is an established company.
• The posting is for advertisements for competitions or contests.
• The employment or internship opportunity does not include paid training.
• The employment opportunity resides in a private residence.
We ask that
• Employers will maintain confidentiality of student information, regardless of source, including job board database.
• Employers must comply with EEO and Affirmative Action principles in recruiting activities.
• Internships consist of structured learning experiences with outlined responsibilities, regular supervision and evaluation process. Outlined responsibilities should relate directly to the students major or career interests.
• Unpaid internships with for profit companies must adhere to the U.S. Department of Labor guidelines. http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/whdfs71.pdf
THIRD PARTY RECRUITERS
Third party recruiters will be allowed to post positions if they provide to the career services staff, when requested, the contact information for the organization for which the third party is providing recruiting services.
• The third party agency must state that it will not charge any fees to students.
General information to help determine whether interns must be paid the minimum wage and overtime under the Fair Labor Standards Act for the services that they provide to “for-profit” private sector employers
Go to the website.
Upcoming Events & Programs
About Our Services
Our online Employer Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
You must register your organization with our office prior to accessing these services. Once your registration is reviewed, if it is approved you will receive an email which includes a link to activate your account.
If approved, depending on your access level, you will be able to use some or all of the services listed below:
- Job Posting
Post jobs targeted to Dakota County Technical College students, alumni.
- Résumé Search
Search résumés of our students, alumni.
- Portfolio Search
Search career portfolios that have been prepared by our students, alumni.
- The Career Services area partners with faculty to offer students and alumni fairs/events and programming activities to connect employers with promising, well-qualified candidates. We also encourage employers to post internship opportunities. On-campus tabling may be available to insitutions offering transfer options, military representatives, and some employers, although it varies with high demand and campus events.
- Faculty are often open to site visits at employer organizations. On occasion, they may invite employers in for classroom visits and/or resume reviews in specific academic programs.
- Our Foundation and Admissions team invite participation in pipeline development through working together to enhance enrollment and retention through Open House events, scholarships, and other opportunities.