The DMACC Career Center is here to provide students and alumni with a smooth transition from school into a successful career. Our support covers every step of the job seeking process and is available to any student or alumni in any stage of their career.
- Assistance with resumes, cover letters, and job applications
- Interview tips and techniques along with mock interview opportunities
- Career assessments and occupational information
- Work study employment assistance
We are located in Building 1 on the Ankeny Campus, and are available Monday-Friday from 7:30am - 4:00pm. We do not accept walk-ins, so please make an appointment prior to visiting our office. Please call 515-964-6200 to make an appointment.
Go to the website.
Did you recently complete a degree, diploma, or certificate program at DMACC? If yes, please take a moment to complete our graduate follow-up survey (linked below). The survey takes about 5 minutes to complete.
Each year, the DMACC Career Center collects data about our graduates' professional and academic pursuits. All data is confidential and reported in groups by program. Please help us complete our report by completing your survey today!
If you experience issues accessing the Outcomes Survey website, please contact the Career Center at 515-964-6463 or email@example.com.
Go to the website.
Looking for on-campus jobs? There are three kinds of jobs on-campus (none of which are posted on College Central Network - CCN lists only off-campus jobs):
1. Work Study Jobs - These positions are only open to students who received work study awards from Financial Aid and who are enrolled at least half-time (6 min. credits in Fall/Spring, 4 min. credits in Summer). To find current work study listings, go to the work study website at http://www.dmacc.edu/workstudy
2. Non-Work Study Jobs - There are VERY FEW non-work study jobs available to students. Any non-work study openings will be posted on DMACC's HR website at https://jobs.dmacc.edu/
3. Bookstore Jobs - DMACC's bookstores are owned and operated by Follet, an outside company. To learn about bookstore job openings, stop into your campus bookstore or check out your bookstore's website at http://go.dmacc.edu/student_services/bookstore/Pages/welcome.aspx
UCT@DMACC provides transfer students with extra supports and opportunities as they earn their degrees. Attend a transfer event and start exploring the opportunities available to you!
UCT@DMACC Transfer Series:
DMACC helps you to connect with four-year colleges and universities through hosting visit days on our campus. Participate in a visit day to learn more about academic programs, student life, housing, admissions processes, financial aid, scholarships, and more!
Transfer 101 Workshops:
These workshops help students learn about the transfer process, stay on track, and make the important decisions needed to ensure a smooth transfer. Workshops include information regarding financing a four-year degree to selecting your next institution and the application process.
During the Fall & Spring semester, DMACC hosts a Transfer Fair to help you explore a variety of both in-state and out-of-state four-year institutions!
To view a list of upcoming UCT@DMACC events, visit the website linked below!
Go to the website.
Would you like some feedback on your resume? The DMACC Career Center is here to help! You have several options for getting help with your resume:
1. Upload Your Resume to College Central
Our staff will review any resume uploaded to College Central within 1-3 business days. To put your resume on College Central...
* Log into your account on www.CollegeCentral.com/DMACC
* Scroll to the Manage My Resume section on your account homepage; click the Upload a Resume link
* Browse your computer's files to find the desired resume file and upload it to College Central
PRO TIP: When you upload your resume to College Central, you can choose to authorize your resume to be searchable by employers. Many employers use College Central to search our resume database for candidates by major, graduation date, GPA, etc. If you make your resume searchable to employers, make sure your profile on College Central is up-to-date and contains all your information so employers can find/contact you.
2. Email Your Resume
Email your resume draft to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our staff will send you feedback within 1-3 business days. Be sure to include information about the type(s) of jobs or internships you're applying for in your email so we can tailor our feedback to your field.
3. Make an Appointment
Call 515-964-6200 and dial 0 to reach an operator who will help you make an appointment with a member of our staff. Our office is located on the Ankeny campus and is open Monday-Friday, 7:30-4:00pm year-round.
Upcoming Events & Programs
About Our Services
You must register with CCN to use our services. Once registered, you may:
- Search for jobs posted exclusively to Des Moines Area Community College; search the Jobs Central® national job board and the Intern Central® national internship board.
- Build a résumé with Résumé Builder, or upload a résumé file to Resume Central® so it can be searched by employers (if you so authorize). Your résumé will be reviewed by our office and must be approved before it can be sent to employers or submitted online to posted jobs.
- Build an online portfolio in Career Portfolio Central® to support your résumé and demonstrate your best work to employers.
- Review your job search history. Report offers/hires.
- Receive emails about programs, services and job-related topics.
- Gain access to announcements, upcoming events, career advice documents, career advice videos, podcasts, and career articles from over 125 authors.