On your homepage, select Upload a Resume or Build a Resume and follow the instructions. If you do not upload a resume, employers will not be able to find you when they search for candidates and you may miss out on opportunities.
BE SURE TO KEEP YOUR INFORMATION AND RESUME UP-TO-DATE.
From your homepage, select Search for Jobs/Opportunities Posted to My School, enter criteria specific to the type of job you are seeking, and then Begin Search. You may also search jobs in CCN's Job Central, the national job database, and search for internships via Intern Central.
Note: When conducting a job search using CCN, be aware that by selecting several search criteria you are narrowing your search. It is a good idea to conduct a focused search, but also try searching different criteria.
To monitor your job search, select View My Job Search History.
Complete the Report Offers/Hires when you are offered a job.
Review the Career Document and Media Libraries to get
additional job search and career development tips via
documents, podcasts, and videos. Read the Headlines for
Build a portfolio to show prospective employers sample of your work and achievements and to get an edge on the competition.
Include examples of items highlighted on your resume.
All students are eligible to use the Forsyth Technical Community College online job board after completing the following registration process.
Follow these simple steps:
1. Go to www.collegecentral.com/forsythtech
2. Select the Student icon, and read the information and
announcements on the next screen
3. Go to Create Account
4. Create an Access ID (Use your 7 digit Student ID) & a
Password then Continue Registration
5. Alumni create a 7 digit Access ID & a Password then
Complete all required information on the registration form. Employers will search this information to choose appropriate candidates, so be thorough as possible.
Be sure to select degree and major that you are pursuing so that the Job Agent can notify you of jobs posted to your school to match your interests.
You can visit CCN site anytime, 24/7. To login, after selecting the Student icon from the homepage, select Sign In on the next screen. Enter your Access ID and Password. If needed, go to "Forgot your Access ID" and it will be emailed to you, or "Forgot your Password" to reset your password.
Upcoming Events & Programs
About Our Services
You must register with CCN to use our services. Once registered, you may:
- Search for jobs posted exclusively to Forsyth Technical Community College; search the Jobs Central® national job board and the Intern Central® national internship board.
- Build a résumé with Résumé Builder, or upload a résumé file to Resume Central® so you can apply directly to jobs and/or allow it to be searched by employers (if you so authorize).
- Build an online portfolio in Career Portfolio Central® to support your résumé and demonstrate your best work to employers.
- Review your job search history. Report offers/hires.
- Receive emails about programs, services and job-related topics.
- Gain access to announcements, upcoming events, career advice documents, career advice videos, podcasts, and career articles from over 125 authors.
- The mission of Career Services is to serve students and alumni by providing life-long skills in career exploration, preparation, implementation and management of their career life plan. In addition, our office also connects employers with students, alumni, faculty and administration. Our staff works with students as early as their first semester to assist in their career planning and career goals. Our office also focuses on developing strong relationships with employers to assist them with their talent needs.