Always be on the lookout for job scams
1. The ad uses words that are probably too good to be true: quick money, unlimited earning potential, free work-from-home jobs.
2. There is a sense of urgency, or the recruiter is pushing you to accept the job now. Any legitimate company won’t push you into accepting a job offer immediately.
3. The job post or email has obvious grammatical or spelling errors.
4. You’re offered the job without a recruiter verifying your work experience or asking for references.
5. The “company” has an email domain from g-mail or other popular providers.
6. The job description is unusually vague.
Upcoming Events & Programs
About Our Services
You must register with CCN to use our services. Once registered, you may:
- Search for jobs posted exclusively to Florida SouthWestern State College; search the Jobs Central® national job board and the Intern Central® national internship board.
- Build a résumé with Résumé Builder, or upload a résumé file to Resume Central® so you can apply directly to jobs and/or allow it to be searched by employers (if you so authorize).
- Build an online portfolio in Career Portfolio Central® to support your résumé and demonstrate your best work to employers.
- Review your job search history. Report offers/hires.
- Receive emails about programs, services and job-related topics.
- Gain access to announcements, upcoming events, career advice documents, career advice videos, podcasts, and career articles from over 125 authors.