Do you need help choosing a college major? Are you having trouble creating a professional resume? Do you want to learn more about a career path or industry?
If you answered yes to any of these questions than maybe it is time to meet with a GTCC Career Advisor located in the Academic Advising Office in Medlin Building, Room 201.
-Below is a list of FREE career services offered to GTCC’s Students and Alumni:
• Career Interest Inventory Testing – Helps students choose majors and career paths
• One-On-One , Confidential Career Advising
• Exploring In-Demand Occupations and Salary Trends – Take home a fact sheet answering all your questions about a specific occupation or job title
• Discussing the Importance of Volunteering/Interning
• Choosing a Relevant Major – Discuss the difference between a pre-major and technical degree
• Creating/Editing Resumes and Cover Letters
• Mock Interviewing and Job Searching
-To setup an appointment to meet with a GTCC Advisor, please contact Susan DeHart at email@example.com
Go to the website.
Welcome to our new online job posting and resume database system.
Once registered, you can search for jobs at any time from any computer.
You are encouraged to upload a resume and/or portfolio for employers to search.
Contact the Career Services Center @ 336-334-4822
ext 50169 if you have questions.
Go to the website.
Upcoming Events & Programs
About Our Services
You must register with CCN to use our services. Once registered, you may:
- Search for jobs posted exclusively to Guilford Technical Community College; search the Jobs Central® national job board and the Intern Central® national internship board.
- Build a résumé with Résumé Builder, or upload a résumé file to Resume Central® so you can apply directly to jobs and/or allow it to be searched by employers (if you so authorize).
- Build an online portfolio in Career Portfolio Central® to support your résumé and demonstrate your best work to employers.
- Review your job search history. Report offers/hires.
- Receive emails about programs, services and job-related topics.
- Gain access to announcements, upcoming events, career advice documents, career advice videos, podcasts, and career articles from over 125 authors.
- Manage your on-campus interview schedules.