Heartland Community College Career Services maintains the College Central Network Online Career Center website and creates the Job Flash as a free service to employers, students, alumni and community members.
Career Services does not perform background checks on job/internship seekers applying for positions, nor on employers posting job/internship opportunities. Career Services is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of employment. The listing of a position should not be interpreted as an endorsement. Employers and job/internship seekers are encouraged to request reference information from each other as needed to establish qualifications/credentials and determine the overall fit between the employer and the applicant.
Career Services provides links to other websites that are not under the control of the College or Career Services, and is not responsible for the content of any site. Career Services provides these links for the convenience of its users. This includes the link to national job board postings that can be accessed through this site. The opinions and views associated with the web sites are not necessarily those of Career Services. Please use discretion when using these links.
Career Services abides by the principles set forth by NACE, the National Association of Colleges and Employers and reserves the right to discontinue services to students, alumni, and employers who violate EEO or NACE guidelines.
Be sure to select "Search for Opportunities Posted to My School" for access to postings listed on the Job Flash provided by Heartland Community College Career Services.
Interested in an internship? It takes time to find the right internship. Contact Career Services today and learn about local internship opportunities. To gain access to internship postings on this site for eligible students only call (309) 268-8034 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Our Services
You must register with CCN to use our services. Once registered, you may:
- Search for jobs posted exclusively to Heartland Community College; search the Jobs Central® national job board and the Intern Central® national internship board.
- Build a résumé with Résumé Builder, or upload a résumé file to Resume Central® so it can be searched by employers (if you so authorize). Your résumé will be reviewed by our office and must be approved before it can be sent to employers or submitted online to posted jobs.
- Build an online portfolio in Career Portfolio Central® to support your résumé and demonstrate your best work to employers.
- Review your job search history. Report offers/hires.
- Receive emails about programs, services and job-related topics.
- Gain access to announcements, upcoming events, career advice documents, career advice videos, podcasts, and career articles from over 125 authors.