Post to the Florida Colleges Jobs Consortium for FREE
We are one of 20 schools in the Florida Colleges Jobs Consortium. You may post to all of these schools including Lake-Sumter State College for FREE.
Follow us on social media to keep up to date with career tips, event job postings and much more! "Like" our fan page at www.facebook.com/careerslscc and follow us on Twitter @CareersLSSC and Instagram @CareersLSSC.
We also invite you to grow your professional network by creating a professional profile and joining our Linkedin Group at https://www.linkedin.com/groups/3602247/
Lake-Sumter State College does not discriminate in its programs and activities against students, employees, contractors, or applicants for employment or admission to the College on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, genetic information, national origin, religion, gender, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, age or veteran status. Inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies including Title IX may be directed to: Araiña Muñiz, Director Equity & Diversity/ Title IX Coordinator, email@example.com, Phone: 352 365 3592,
Lake-Sumter State College - Career Development Services
Employment Recruitment Guidelines
This document defines the policies that direct the partnership of the Lake-Sumter State College Career Development Services with Employers or Employment Recruiters interested in contacting LSSC students and alumni through this office for the purpose of employment, internships, or service opportunities.
On-Campus Recruitment activities include, but not are not limited to online job postings, recruitment tables, hiring events/job fairs, on-campus employment interviews, company information sessions, etc.
• Employers and individuals offering employment/entrepreneurial opportunities requiring prospective employees to purchase a franchise or products or services up front are not permitted. This includes, but is not limited to positions requiring fees for membership, startup, training, licenses, lessons, portfolios or placement, or the purchase of tools, equipment, samples, or sales kits.
• Employers where compensation is based exclusively on fee/percentage of sales from others under their sponsorship in the organization, are not permitted. This does not apply to fees for Federal and State licensing requirements such as real estate, securities, etc.
• Multilevel marketing companies do not have access to any recruiting opportunities sponsored by the Career Services Center.
• On-campus recruiting activities cannot be combined with the marketing and/or sale of products or services to students.
• Posters and flyers advertising employment opportunities for students must be approved by Career Development Services prior to posting. Any employment notices or flyers posted or distributed on campus without approval will immediately be removed.
• Career Development Services has the right to not allow on-campus recruitment or post any employer's position at their discretion.
ON-CAMPUS RECRUITMENT TABLES
• Employers wishing to conduct an On-Campus Recruitment visit must contact Career Development Services for permission and to schedule an appropriate date, time and location. These should be scheduled at least two weeks in advance of the desired date to allow sufficient time to market the events to potential candidates and make logistical arrangements.
• Employers scheduled for On-Campus Recruiting Tables must restrict all activities to the immediate vicinity of the table.
• Employers or Recruiters will park in designated Visitor Parking areas.
• The college retains the right to demand recruiters vacate college property if they fail to comply with any of the policies or procedures outlined in this document or any other reasonable request from a college official.
ONLINE JOB POSTINGS
• Career Development Services maintains an online recruitment portal via College Central Network, for the posting of employment opportunities submitted by employers who have met the criteria set forth by Lake-Sumter State College.
• All Employers desiring to post jobs, internships and service opportunities with Career Development Services must comply with both Lake-Sumter State College’s and the federal guidelines for equal employment opportunities, along with the Fair Labor Standards Act.
• No job postings, electronic or printed, will be accepted for employment related to working in an employer's home. This includes, but is not limited to, childcare, eldercare, housekeeping, lawn maintenance, tutoring. These positions may be advertised through local newspapers, online listings such as Craigslist or other community resources.
• Job postings must include a company name, job title, job description and method of application (email or company website is strongly encouraged). Employer/ Recruiter contact information will be collected by College Central Network upon registration with our office, however, the employer/recruiter can select to keep their contact information private in the submittal of the job posting(s).
• Third-party recruiters must disclose the client (company name) for whom the position is posted. This disclosure must be made to the Career Development Services staff, as well as to any potential applicants.
• Online job postings will be advertised for a two-week period, unless the employer requests a different posting duration.
• CDS retains the right to remove any job listing from College Central Network, without consulting or informing the employer who submitted the listing.
Go to the website.
Employers are invited to schedule an on-campus employment recruitment table or on-campus interviews on our campuses during the academic year (September-April). Companies will limit on-campus visitation to three times per semester - a total of one visit per month for the months of January, February, March, September, October and November.
On-Campus Recruitment Table/On-Campus Interviews:
Employment recruitment tables can be scheduled Monday-Thursday anytime between 10am-1pm throughout the academic year.
Employers are invited to hold interviews at our campuses based on room availability. If you are interested in holding on-campus interviews, please get started by completing an on-campus recruitment request (see link below). Employers holding on-campus interviews will be asked to post the job opening(s) through College Central Network, our online recruitment portal, in advance of the interview date(s).
Schedule Your Visit:
To schedule an on-campus recruitment visit, please submit an On-Campus Recruitment Request (see form below)
All Employers/Recruiters must abide by LSSC's On-Campus Recruitment Guidelines as well as the Principles for Employment Professionals published by the National Association of Colleges in order to participate in any on-campus recruitiment activity.
Go to the website.
Unsure how to write an effective job posting? Here are some tips: Writing Effective Recruitment Advertisements.
Go to the website.
Thank you for supporting Lake-Sumter State College during the past academic year by recruiting our students and alumni. We would love to hear about the success of your employment recruitment efforts. We would like to ask that you please report your Offers and/or Hires to help us track this important data and be able to better assist you. To do so, please log on to your College Central Network (CCN) account and click on "Report Offers/Hires" under the Hiring Information section.
We thank you for your continued partnership!
Career Development Services Staff
LSCC offers employers candidates from a variety of degree and certificate programs, including our Bachelor of Applied Science degree in Organizational Management. Our candidates are located across three campuses and online with all levels of experience, from aspiring to experienced professionals.
For a list of LSSC degree & certificate programs, visit: www.lscc.edu.
Candidates seek out companies with whom they are familiar. Strengthen your presence on our campuses by trying some of these recruiting strategies:
Post Your Current Openings:
- Post your current part-time, full-time, co-op/ internship and volunteer openings on College Central Network
- Your online posting can direct candidates to your company website, email , fax or a mailing address to submit application materials
Participate in On-Campus Recruitment:
- Hold on-campus information tables
- Hold on-campus interviews
- Sponsor campus luncheons, dinners or events
- Attend On-Campus Hiring Events
Start an Internship Program:
- Internships/Co-ops provide students with practical experience that reinforces the theoretical concepts learned in the classroom. Key elements of an Internship/Co-op Program include:
- Supervision and evaluation of performance by professionals in the student's career field
- Professional-level work assignments in areas related to the student’s academic major
- Completion of learning objectives designed to relate academic studies to the work world
***Only selected academic programs are eligilbe for unpaid internships. Please visit our website for details.
Additional Recruitment Strategies:
- Stay in touch with our office so we can better inform students and alumni about your company/ organization
Go to: http://www.lssc.edu/careers
Go to the website.
Join our Linkedin Group to stay up-to-date on Career Development services, events and college recruitment tips.
Go to the website.
Upcoming Events & Programs
About Our Services
Our online Employer Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
You must register your organization with our office prior to accessing these services. Once your registration is reviewed, if it is approved you will receive an email which includes a link to activate your account.
If approved, depending on your access level, you will be able to use some or all of the services listed below:
- Job Posting
Post jobs targeted to Lake-Sumter State College students, alumni.
- Résumé Search
Search résumés of our students, alumni.
- Portfolio Search
Search career portfolios that have been prepared by our students, alumni.
- On-Campus Interviewing
In addition to posting on our Job Board, you may also post positions that involve on-campus interviews. An interview date will be scheduled after we review and approve your posting. You may then log in to check submissions, candidate status and schedules. On-campus interviews occur during specific times of the year. If you do not know our recruiting schedule, please contact us before posting your job.