There are no currently active announcements.
Upcoming Events & Programs
About Our Services
You must register with CCN to use our services. Once registered, you may:
- Search for jobs posted exclusively to Millikin University; search the Jobs Central® national job board and the Intern Central® national internship board.
- Upload a résumé file to Resume Central® so you can apply directly to jobs.
- Build an online portfolio in Career Portfolio Central® to support your résumé and demonstrate your best work to employers.
- Review your job search history. Report offers/hires.
- Receive emails about programs, services and job-related topics.
- Gain access to announcements, upcoming events, career advice documents, career advice videos, podcasts, and career articles from over 125 authors.
- Manage your on-campus interview schedules.
- All of our services can be categorized into the following Five E's of Career Development:
The process of self-discovery is the most important step in the career development process. By identifying your values, interests, personality traits and skills you will be better able to make informed career decisions that lead to personally enriching and rewarding career paths. The Center for Acadmenic and Professional Performance offers a wide range of career assessments to assist you.
Exploration of Majors and Careers
Many students are not fully aware of fields of study and careers that are available to them, often lacking knowledge about the world of work and what people do in certain careers. By exploring these areas you can identify majors and careers that are a good fit for your values, interests, personality traits, and skills. We offer online resources and personal one-on-one assistance as you explore major and career options.
This includes hands on experiences such as part-time jobs, internships, or volunteering that are related to your major or career interest. Meaningful work and/or service experiences help to supplement education and are important in helping you to clarify or confirm career goals. Additionally, employers seek graduates with the relevant experiences that these experiential learning opportunities provide.
Employment/Graduate School Assistance
This phase of the career development process includes building skills needed to conduct an effective job search or learning how to get into graduate school. Resumes, cover letters, and personal statements that are excellent are critical to a successful job search or graduate school admission. Interview and networking skills are also a crucial component to this step in the career development process.
Educating yourself about the world of work is an important step in the career development process. This includes researching potential employers, understanding your chosen industry and how to get a job in that industry, learning about the labor market and how to make informed choices regarding job offers and other employment related concerns. It also includes making a commitment to becoming your own career manager and actively updating your skills as needed in order to prepare you for the next career move. This will lead to a lifetime of personally enriching, rewarding and meaningful professional success.