SVA and its Office of Career Development act only as an intermediary between employers posting job opportunities and candidates searching for job opportunities. SVA and its Office of Career Development are not involved in the actual transaction between an employer and a candidate. SVA and the Office of Career Development have no control over the quality, safety or legality of any job posted by an employer or resume posted by a candidate, the truth or accuracy of any listing, the ability of an employer to actually offer a job opportunity that it posts, or the ability of a candidate to fill a job opening.
SVA and the Office of Career Development shall not be responsible for any damage or loss of any kind arising out of or related to the use of the site and/or the information contained therein. There is nominal screening of postings, but it is the responsibility of each applicant to do his or her due diligence before interviewing with or accepting an offer from any company posting a job listing on this site. Also, it is the responsibility of each employer to do his or her due diligence before offering a position to any applicant responding to a job posting on this site.
Upcoming Events & Programs
About Our Services
You must register with CCN to use our services. Once registered, you may:
- Search for jobs posted exclusively to School of Visual Arts; search the Jobs Central® national job board and the Intern Central® national internship board.
- Upload a résumé file to Resume Central® so you can apply directly to jobs and/or allow it to be searched by employers (if you so authorize).
- Build an online portfolio in Career Portfolio Central® to support your résumé and demonstrate your best work to employers.
- Review your job search history. Report offers/hires.
- Receive emails about programs, services and job-related topics.
- Gain access to announcements, upcoming events, career advice documents, career advice videos, podcasts, and career articles from over 125 authors.
- Manage your on-campus interview schedules.
- SVA CAREER COUNSELING
Participate in one-on-one counseling sessions in areas such as researching employment or exhibition opportunities, writing resumes and cover letters, preparing for interviews, and more. **This service is available to alumni up to four years after graduate. Visit svacd.youcanbook.me.
- SVA ONLINE JOB AND INTERNSHIP BOARD
Search for art and design jobs, internships and other professional opportunities posted at collegecentral.com/sva. Register today to post your resume, review available opportunities and receive announcements on upcoming events.
- SVA PORTFOLIOS
Get your work seen! Through SVA Portfolios you will gain broader exposure for your work, connect with others in the SVA community and be discovered more easily by potential clients, recruiters and creative enthusiasts. Post your work today at portfolios.sva.edu.
- SVA WORKSHOPS AND RECRUITING EVENTS
Gain professional development skills through year-round workshops on such topics as professional networking, job search strategies, freelancing skills and legal issues for artists. Professional artists and recruiters from leading creative companies participate in our annual career fair, student portfolio reviews and campus visits to recruit and share their expertise. View upcoming events at svacd.eventbrite.com.