INTERNSHIP DISCLAIMER: In order to have an internship position posted online, employers must agree to provide:
• A commitment to employ interns for a minimum of 150 hours, falling within the College’s semester period.
• An internship which begins and ends within the SVA semester.
• An internship that applies directly to a student’s field of study, fulfilling relevant career objectives.
• A designated creative supervisor, qualified in the area of the student’s major, who gives counsel, advisement and career guidance.
• In-house creative participation in a hands-on learning environment where the student regularly interacts with staff and/or clients.
• A dedicated on-site workspace and computer, if necessary.
• NOTE: Employer may NOT require student to provide her or his own computer, software, or to work from home or his or her own studio.
HOW TO REGISTER AND POST OPPORTUNITIES:
1. Go to http://collegecentral.com/sva/Employer.cfm, click on "Create Account."
2. Complete the registration form and submit. You will receive an approval link via e-mail within one business day -- this will allow you to log in and create your own password.
4. Once you've created your password, you can post job or internship opportunities. Be as descriptive as possible and select the appropriate major(s).
6. After posting your opportunity, please review your listing to verify all pertinent information is included.
SVA and its Office of Career Development act only as an intermediary between employers posting job opportunities and candidates searching for job opportunities. SVA and its Office of Career Development are not involved in the actual transaction between an employer and a candidate. SVA and the Office of Career Development have no control over the quality, safety or legality of any job posted by an employer or resume posted by a candidate, the truth or accuracy of any listing, the ability of an employer to actually offer a job opportunity that it posts, or the ability of a candidate to fill a job opening.
SVA and the Office of Career Development shall not be responsible for any damage or loss of any kind arising out of or related to the use of the site and/or the information contained therein. There is nominal screening of postings, but it is the responsibility of each applicant to do his or her due diligence before interviewing with or accepting an offer from any company posting a job listing on this site. Also, it is the responsibility of each employer to do his or her due diligence before offering a position to any applicant responding to a job posting on this site.
Upcoming Events & Programs
About Our Services
Our online Employer Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
You must register your organization with our office prior to accessing these services. Once your registration is reviewed, if it is approved you will receive an email which includes a link to activate your account.
If approved, depending on your access level, you will be able to use some or all of the services listed below:
- Job Posting
Post jobs targeted to School of Visual Arts students, alumni.
- Résumé Search
Search résumés of our students, alumni.
- Portfolio Search
Search career portfolios that have been prepared by our students, alumni.
- On-Campus Interviewing
In addition to posting on our Job Board, you may also post positions that involve on-campus interviews. An interview date will be scheduled after we review and approve your posting. You may then log in to check submissions, candidate status and schedules. On-campus interviews occur during specific times of the year. If you do not know our recruiting schedule, please contact us before posting your job.