Center for Bio-mediated and Bio-inspired Geotechnics (CBBG)
Summer REU Program
We are seeking innovative, sustainability-minded, engineering and science undergraduates to participate in a paid summer program. This program will immerse participants in technical research and expose them to the graduate school experience, specifically within the scope of the CBBG: to develop sustainable biologically-controlled and biologically-inspired solutions in hazard mitigation, environmental protection and restoration, infrastructure construction, and resource development.
ASU/GT/NMSU Programs (May 21 – July 27) | UCD Program (June 11 – August 17)
Stipend | Airfare | On-Campus Housing | Merit-Based Invitation to Participate in Annual NSF CBBG October Meeting
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Must be planning to enroll as a sophomore, junior, or senior college-level student in Fall
- Attend U.S. community college, college, or non-CBBG university
- Participants are prohibited from taking courses or working while participating in the program
- Ability to work 40 hours per week for the entire program
- Students with disabilities, veterans, and those from traditionally underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply
Submit the following by March 6, 2018:
1. Online application: https://form.jotform.com/CBBG/REU2018
2. Unofficial transcript(s) from all undergraduate institutions attended
3. Letter of recommendation from a faculty member
Dr. Jean Larson, CBBG Education Coordinator | firstname.lastname@example.org | 480.965.7804 | biogeotechnics.org
Go to the website.
Upcoming Events & Programs
About Our Services
You must register with CCN to use our services. Once registered, you may:
- Search for jobs posted exclusively to Taft College; search the Jobs Central® national job board and the Intern Central® national internship board.
- Build a résumé with Résumé Builder, or upload a résumé file to Resume Central® so you can apply directly to jobs and/or allow it to be searched by employers (if you so authorize).
- Build an online portfolio in Career Portfolio Central® to support your résumé and demonstrate your best work to employers.
- Review your job search history. Report offers/hires.
- Receive emails about programs, services and job-related topics.
- Gain access to announcements, upcoming events, career advice documents, career advice videos, podcasts, and career articles from over 125 authors.