Schedule an Appointment
Listed below are options for appointments with staff at the Career Center and elsewhere on campus. You may schedule an appointment online or contact our office to discuss other options.
The Executive Director of the Penn-Northwest Development Corporation provides dynamic leadership to (1) recruit industries and businesses to Mercer County, including manufacturing, technology, commerce, and health-related industries; (2) support and retain regional businesses and economic enterprises; and (3) coordinate with key regional stakeholders to execute effective strategies and programs to generate regional economic development. This position reports to the Penn-Northwest Board of Directors and oversees a respected regional economic development organization with growing membership.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
? Lead, plan and promote regional economic development, setting priorities for attracting and retaining businesses and organizations in alignment with regional plans and priorities. ? Identify and market Mercer County’s distinct assets and opportunities. ? Attract industries and businesses, coordinating comprehensive project proposals and incentive packages with appropriate local, regional, state and federal agencies. ? Support local industries and businesses to achieve economic success, innovation, and expansion. ? Communicate with local, state, and federal governmental agencies and elected officials to advance the economic development of the region, effectively conveying the priorities, assets and needs of Mercer County. ? Collaborate with educational institutions to enhance workforce development and certificate and degree programs that support business development. ? Engage with multiple media outlets and platforms to advance the economic development of Mercer Country ? Engage with national, state and local organizations, agencies, and boards involved in economic development, participating at workshops and conferences at the state and national level. ? Build and sustain relations and initiatives that fund economic development efforts. ? Develop a program of work and annual budget to be approved by the Board of Directors. ? Pursue government and foundation grants as well as philanthropic support from individuals. ? Provide oversight and appropriate management of grants to meet expected outcomes.
Experience & Education:
? Proven leadership with professional experience in local or regional economic development or related work in the private, non-profit, or governmental sectors. ? Demonstrated experience with successful project management, including effective collaboration with stakeholders, data-informed decisions, and evaluation of outcomes. ? Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to develop collaborative working relationships. ? Effective written and oral communication and the ability to market regional assets and business success. ? Knowledge of media relations and experience working with a variety of media outlets and platforms. ? Familiarity and involvement with regional business and governmental networks and demonstrated experience in building strong relationships and navigating private and public networks to advance business success. ? Bachelor’s degree, Master’s a plus, in Business Management, Finance, Economic Development, Public Administration, Marketing, or related field. Additional certifications in Economic Development, Leadership, and Finance valued.
Penn-Northwest Development Corporation offers: ? Competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience
To apply, please send Cover Letter outlining vision for economic development in Mercer County, Resume and three Professional References to firstname.lastname@example.org
Go to the website.
Remember to save your resume as a PDF before submitting it to the Career Center or a recruiter.
Upcoming Events & Programs
About Our Services
You must register with CCN to use our services. Once registered, you may:
- Search for jobs posted exclusively to Thiel College; search the Jobs Central® national job board and the Intern Central® national internship board.
- Upload a résumé file to Resume Central® so you can apply directly to jobs and/or allow it to be searched by employers (if you so authorize). Your résumé will be reviewed by our office and must be approved before it can be sent to employers or submitted online to posted jobs.
- Build an online portfolio in Career Portfolio Central® to support your résumé and demonstrate your best work to employers.
- Review your job search history. Report offers/hires.
- Receive emails about programs, services and job-related topics.
- Gain access to announcements, upcoming events, career advice documents, career advice videos, podcasts, and career articles from over 125 authors.
- Manage your on-campus interview schedules.
- Search our Mentoring Network to find profiles of people who work in your fields of interest and contact them online.
- You may also join our Mentoring Network without registering in Alumni Central. However, you must register in Alumni Central to take advantage of all online services. This includes the opportunity to search and network with other Mentors.
- If you only wish to complete a Mentoring Profile, please go to our Mentoring Network page.