Searching for an Internship??? Check out "Intern in Ohio"
Classroom to Career, the technology that powers Intern in Ohio, is a groundbreaking system designed to connect thousands of employers to the largest pool of talent in the state. This webbased technology is free to employers and students. Utilizing a revolutionary matching algorithm, Classroom to Career instantly connects both parties to internship opportunities based on skills, interests and requirements.
By matching students to employers based on these factors, the Classroom to Career technology ensures that the candidates are well-suited for their experiential learning opportunities. This reduces the traditional barriers to effective internships and streamlines the hiring process to save employers time and money while creating lasting relationships.
To register and get started, click on the link below!
Go to: http://www.interninohio.com/
Kenton Co. School District- Info for Prospective Teachers
Tips for Prospective Teachers! 2013-2014
What are the employment opportunities in Kenton County?
Kenton County is the fifth largest school district in the state with approximately 14,000 students. Historically, our school district annually posts job openings and hires approximately 100 teachers, K-12.
How can a prospective teacher find out about the philosophy, the inner workings and the emerging news in our district? Go to our web site at www.kenton.kyschools.us
Superintendent Dr. Terri Cox-Cruey publishes a monthly electronic newsletter called The Excellence Report that can also be found on our district website.
How do I navigate through the electronic application process?
Go to our website at www.kenton.kyschools.us. Click Employment and a drop down will appear allowing you to view job postings or view application instructions
COMPLETE the appropriate application.
QUESTIONS: Contact Mike Tolliver at 859-957-2664.
What is the purpose of the questions in the additional information area of the application form?
Our school district has a series of three goals that focus upon student performance, quality instruction and student involvement. These questions allow you to reflect upon these goals.
What is the process once I have completed an electronic application?
After you have applied for a position, your application is sent electronically to the building principal for review. All interviews are arranged by the building principal.
If a position you have applied for is filled by another applicant or withdrawn as a position, the posting will closed.
What happens if I choose to approach a school Principal directly?
Principals will direct you back to apply on-line. SBDM councils will only interview those candidates that have completed the electronic application.
The Kenton County School District
1055 Eaton Drive Ft. Wright, KY 41017
Dr. Terri Cox-Cruey, Superintendent
Apply at the following website:
Check out the website below for additional resources in locating internships, currently focused on the following areas:
Advertising, Marketing, Sales and PR
Also view internship reviews and salaries from former interns!
Workplace Diversity: The Source for Diversity Talent
WorkplaceDiversity.com has an extensive database of employment opportunities across all sectors nationwide. Diversity and Inclusion is a significant asset in the workplace. Therefore, this site provides a forum for those diverse candidates to connect with employers who seek them. The easy-to-use tools are efficient avenues for proactive job search in a competitive, global world.
FREE for all job seekers.
• Search Thousands of jobs.
• Connect with Fortune 500 companies.
• Smartphone search compatible
• Resume posting tools to help get you noticed by companies
that will value your abilities
• Customizable search options to narrow down by location and
industry to find a company and career right for you.
• Search for jobs locally and nationally for companies who are committed to diversity and inclusion
• Notifications sent to you regarding upcoming career events
Check out this job search tool today:
MilitaryVetJobs.com respects the men and women of the military and the service they’ve provided to our country. MilitaryVetJobs.com, a veteran owned organization, offers veteran job seekers a community of support and connections to employers seeking qualified, veteran candidates.
MilitaryVetJobs.com is a vehicle in which employers demonstrate their commitment to our veterans as well as diversity and inclusion initiatives. Veterans are a unique subset of the workforce due to the distinctive experience only gained in the military. By posting positions on MilitaryVetJobs.com, employers are ensured access to the highest quality of veteran candidates.
MilitaryVetJobs.com acknowledges diversity as an asset in the workplace and works to connect job seekers and employers with easy-to-use tools, providing an efficient medium for job search in an increasingly competitive job market.
• FREE for all veteran job seekers to sign up.
• Search thousands of jobs nationwide.
• Veteran owned and operated.
For more information and to utilize this job searching tool,
Go to: http://MilitaryVetJobs.com
Out for Work functions as a complimentary component in the total educational experience of LGBT students, primarily in the development, evaluation, initiation and implementation of career plans and opportunities. OFW’s programs, resources and services provide assistance to students in the cultivation and enhancement of skills to explore career options, master search techniques and strategies and research employment opportunities.
For more information,
Go to: http://www.outforwork.org
About Our Services
You must register with CCN to use our services. Once registered, you may:
- Search for jobs posted exclusively to Thomas More College; search the Jobs Central® national job board and the Intern Central® national internship board.
- Build a résumé with Résumé Builder, or upload a résumé file to Resume Central® so it can be searched by employers (if you so authorize). Your résumé will be reviewed by our office and must be approved before it can be sent to employers or submitted online to posted jobs.
- Build an online portfolio in Career Portfolio Central® to support your résumé and demonstrate your best work to employers.
- Review your job search history. Report offers/hires.
- Receive emails about programs, services and job-related topics.
- Gain access to announcements, upcoming events, career advice documents, career advice videos, podcasts, and career articles from over 125 authors.
- Manage your on-campus interview schedules.
- Search our Mentoring Network to find profiles of people who work in your fields of interest and contact them online. After you register, you must obtain our school password in order to search the profiles.
- You may also join our Mentoring Network without registering in Alumni Central. However, you must register in Alumni Central to take advantage of all online services. This includes the opportunity to search and network with other Mentors. You must obtain our school password in order to post your profile.
- If you only wish to complete a Mentoring Profile, please go to our Mentoring Network page.
- No matter if you are a recent graduate or an alumn looking to make a career change, we can help you! We can talk with you about
- resume writing
- cover letter writing
- job and internship search guidance
- graduate school planning
- on-campus recruitng
- networkng guidance
- mock interviews
- Please contact Amy Marcrum, Coordinator of Career Planning for any additional assistance!