PLEASE NOTE: It is the responsibility of the student to research the integrity of the organizations to which they apply. Unfortunately, some disreputable persons claim to represent an organization, for whom they do not work, in order to lure unassuming persons into dangerous situations. We make every effort to block those persons from posting anything on this site. However, it is your responsibility to determine that you are interviewing in a legitimate, safe location, with an actual representative of the established company. When in doubt, play it safe.
Tusculum College does not make any representation as to the working conditions that may exist at any place of employment. Use of this system shall be entirely at the risk of the users and the Career Services Office expressly disclaims any and all liability in regards to job advertisements posted in good faith on this site. The student is advised to use caution and common sense when applying for any position with an organization or private party. If any doubt as to the validity and integrity of the company arises, check the company’s website, their standing with the Better Business Bureau, and consult with Career Services.
Professional Baseball Employment Opportunities™
(PBEO®) is the official employment service of Minor League
The PBEO Job Fair will be held at Gaylord National Resort &
Convention Center in National Harbor, Maryland, from
Dec. 4 – 7, 2016. The Job Fair is an annual feature of the
Baseball Winter Meetings. Don’t miss this opportunity to
apply for a variety of positions, meet with representatives
from professional teams and interview on-site.
Help your students begin their career in sports by attending
the industry’s most popular meeting and seminar to
find a job in professional baseball. The Job Fair provides
registrants a look at the business of professional baseball,
as well as an excellent opportunity to find employment. On
average, 400 – 500 jobs are posted annually at the Job Fair.
Most of these jobs are internships and entry-level positions.
However, some positions are for those with prior baseball
experience or a related background looking for the next
challenge. Most Minor League Baseball and Major League
Baseball teams will be hiring for positions beginning in
January 2017. Therefore, it is preferable for attendees to
have graduated college by December 2016.
For those who are not graduating until May 2017, focus on
Short Season-A™ Minor League Baseball clubs. These teams
begin play in June, and therefore typically start their new
hires later in the year. For a list of these clubs, visit the
classification page on MiLB.com.
For more information, contact Mark Labban at
MLabban@MiLB.com or 727-456-1727, or visit PBEO.com.
Dear Tusculum Students and Alumni,
You are cordially invited to attend the Tusculum College Graduate & Career Fair 2016, scheduled for Wednesday November 2, 2016 from 12:30 – 3:30 pm.
The fair will be held in the Chalmers Conference Center of Niswonger Commons. Representatives from graduate schools and businesses will be available to speak with you about jobs, internships, and application to graduate or professional schools.
Tusculum students and alumni are encouraged to dress professionally (suit) and bring resumes or CVs. For information about business professional dress, please review this link http://career.utk.edu/CS/wp-content/uploads/pdf/Dress-for-Success-Handout.pdf.
A list of registered employers with job descriptions will be available for review, starting 10/2/16 at http://bit.ly/29041zS.
For more information, contact Ms. Robin E. Lay, M.A. at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 423.636.7447.
Robin Elizabeth Lay, M.A.
Director of Career Services
Go to the website.
Aloca City Schools is hiring for the following positions:
Part-time ESL Teacher at ACS
Health Science Teacher as Alcoa High School
Self-Contained Behavior Classroom Teacher at Alcoa High School
Guidance Counselor at Alcoa Elementary School
Technology/STEM Teacher at Alcoa Intermediate School
Go to: http://www.alcoaschools.net
Go to the website.
All Saints Episcopal School is in need of part time middle school teachers in science or art (both positions are part-time).
If interested, please contact Headmaster, Mr. Mark Workman at 423-586-3280.
The NCAA Postgraduate Internship Program annually provides on-the-job learning experiences at the national office in Indianapolis to college graduates who are passionate in their pursuit of a career in college sports administration.
With a focus on ethnic minorities, women and former student-athletes, this yearlong program gives insight to the inner workings of college sports from the national perspective. Interns over the past 25 years have taken their experience and institutional knowledge onto campuses and into the conference offices as full-time administrators.
NCAA postgraduate interns are nonexempt employees with benefits and they receive comprehensive training, mentor assignments, networking opportunities throughout the internship. Additionally, postgraduate interns plan and execute professional development site visits to conference offices, member campuses and affiliate organizations to further their knowledge of the collegiate sports industry and network with today's leaders.
Internships available in the following areas: Public Relations/Marketing Internship, HR Internship, Writer Internship, Journalism Internship, Political Affairs Internship, and Editor Internship.
Information about The Borgen Project:
Only 12% of intern candidates applying to The Borgen Project are selected. While the hiring process is incredibly competitive, we look for a diverse range of backgrounds.
We’ve found no correlation between high GPA’s, MBA’s and/or prestigious universities when it comes to determining who will have the biggest impact. Our selection process focuses more on finding great individuals, with a strong work ethic and passion for righting wrongs.
The telecommute positions below work from home, but must meet weekly deadlines, attend meetings via conference call and submit regular reports. All positions are unpaid, but college credit is available.
Apply online at http://borgenproject.org/telecommute-internships/
Go to the website.
Upcoming Events & Programs
About Our Services
You must register with CCN to use our services. Once registered, you may:
- Search for jobs posted exclusively to Tusculum College; search the Jobs Central® national job board and the Intern Central® national internship board.
- Build a résumé with Résumé Builder, or upload a résumé file to Resume Central® so it can be searched by employers (if you so authorize). Your résumé will be reviewed by our office and must be approved before it can be sent to employers or submitted online to posted jobs.
- Build an online portfolio in Career Portfolio Central® to support your résumé and demonstrate your best work to employers.
- Review your job search history. Report offers/hires.
- Receive emails about programs, services and job-related topics.
- Gain access to announcements, upcoming events, career advice documents, career advice videos, podcasts, and career articles from over 125 authors.
- Manage your on-campus interview schedules.
- CCN is a wonderful resource, but you may need the guidance of the Career Services Staff to take full advantage of the Resume Builder and Job Search tools it provides. The Career Advice documents provide wonderful resources to educate the job seeker on all the critical first steps of the job search. The Resume Builder is a first step resource to organize your resume.
- The Office of Career Services at Tusculum provides so much more than can be contained in this online job resource. If you need assistance in any step of your career exploration, please schedule an appointment with the Director of Career Services at email@example.com or 423.636.7447.
- Additional career services are available to students and alumni. For more information, please view the Tusculum College Career Services web pages at: Tusculum College Career Services Homepage.