PLEASE NOTE: It is the responsibility of the student to research the integrity of the organizations to which they apply. Unfortunately, some disreputable persons claim to represent an organization, for whom they do not work, in order to lure unassuming persons into dangerous situations. We make every effort to block those persons from posting anything on this site. However, it is your responsibility to determine that you are interviewing in a legitimate, safe location, with an actual representative of the established company. When in doubt, play it safe.
Tusculum College does not make any representation as to the working conditions that may exist at any place of employment. Use of this system shall be entirely at the risk of the users and the Career Services Office expressly disclaims any and all liability in regards to job advertisements posted in good faith on this site. The student is advised to use caution and common sense when applying for any position with an organization or private party. If any doubt as to the validity and integrity of the company arises, check the company’s website, their standing with the Better Business Bureau, and consult with Career Services.
You may have already heard, but Covenant Health has some exciting new opportunities for full-time employees. Effective April 1, 2019, we’re launching a Student Loan Repayment Assistance Program!
Through the program, full-time employees can receive $50 or $75 per month towards student loan payments, up to a lifetime maximum of $6,000. Contributions made by Covenant Health are considered additional payments outside of regular monthly payments, helping pay off student loans faster and save time and money in the long run! We have plenty of entry-level positions available at our hospitals that are great for any major!
You can find more information below:
Go to the website.
1659 Progress Pkwy
Morristown TN, 37813
Human Resource Manager
| Morristown, Tennessee
Nature of Work
A Human Resource Manager is responsible for developing, implementing, and coordinating policies and programs covering the following: employment, labor, relations, wage and salary administration, benefits administration, training, placement, safety, insurance and health benefits, and employee services.
A Human Resource Manager has own workspace located in the main office building. An HR Manager is in the office primarily, but may visit the warehouse floor for inspections, investigations, tours, or contact with employees. A Human Resource Manager attends seminars off campus, as needed. A Human Resource Manager works a standard 40-hour week.
Duties / Responsibilities
• Establishes and maintains personnel records
• Ensures that employees are kept aware of personnel policies and employee benefit programs
• Conducts meetings of employees to ensure that each employee is kept current and informed of company procedures and policies
• Recruiting, screening, and interviewing all potential employees
• Interprets and explains personnel rules and regulations to department heads, employees, and applicants
• Conducts research into personnel rules and regulations to department heads, employees, and applicants
• Monitors employee appraisals and review to assure that employee performance is evaluated and that employees are aware of their evaluation
• Participates in plant supervision in disciplinary and/or termination proceedings
• Maintains all aspects of the McNeilus Steel, Inc. Safety Program
• Responsible for working with all personnel in employee safety; including training, leading safety committee, PPE use, coordination of activities and implementation of policies
• Assists Transportation Director with fleet safety issues
• Reports all recordable accidents to the insurance company immediately, does follow-up procedures, and investigation, as needed
• Investigates all near-miss and property damage incidents
• Responsible for submitting and maintaining Worker’s Compensation
• Monitors potential and actual loss trends and develops strategies to reduce or eliminate these losses
• Is familiar with OSHA regulations and keeps proper files and documentation as required by OSHA
• Responsible for issuing company required random drug tests
• Maintains the Supervisor Safety Incentive Program
• Completes regular safety inspections of shop floor work areas
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Bachelor's Degree in Human Resource Management, Business
Management or equivalent
• Must be able to read, write, and communicate in fluent English
• Minimum of four years of personnel experience
• Familiarity with applicable state and federal regulations
• Familiarity with OSHA laws and regulations
• Good knowledge and experience of basic office computer programs
A new way for Nashville job seekers to connect with employers.
We want to help new graduates and alumni from Tusculum College connect with meaningful employment in Nashville, as well as help our member businesses find quality candidates for open positions.
To facilitate these connections, we've created a resumé bank tool that allows our member businesses to access resumés submitted by individuals looking for a career in the Nashville area.
This new tool can be found at: NashvilleChamber.com/ResumeBank
Go to the website.
The office of Congressman Phil Roe (TN-01) is seeking bright and enterprising students to participate in its Fall 2018 Congressional Internship Program in Washington, D.C. Interns may participate full-time or part-time, but full-time participation (9am-6pm, Mon.-Fri.) is encouraged.
Besides being paired with a member of our legislative or communications team to receive hands-on experience drafting policy and/or directing communications for a Member of Congress, interns will also participate in constituent-relations by answering phone calls from the first district, writing letters to constituents, and conducting tours for constituents visiting the District of Columbia.
In addition, interns will participate in educational programming at the discretion of Congressman Roe’s Staff Assistant and Internship Coordinator. This session’s educational seminar will focus on the relationship between politics and religion. Though students majoring in Communications, English, Political Science, and Christian/Religious Studies are desirable, we will be considering applications from students of all majors.
Our Fall 2018 Congressional Internship Program dates are flexible, but will formally run from August 12th-December 14th, and will also honor school breaks (i.e. Fall Break, Thanksgiving Break, etc.). We will also be conducting a Winter and Spring Internship as well, from Jan. 7th-Feb 1st and Feb. 4th-May 24th, respectively. The internship is unpaid.
Katelyn Walls | Staff Assistant
Rep. Phil Roe, M.D. (TN-01)
336 Cannon House Office Building
202.225.6356 | www.roe.house.gov
Go to: https://www.roe.house.gov
Go to the website.
Sevier County School Systems is seeking to fill several jobs, some of them are listed below:
Pigeon Forge High School:
Latin Teacher (6-12)
Sevier County High School:
Drama Teacher (K-12) Theatre Arts
Seymour High School
Apply online at http://www.sevier.org/career-opportunities
Go to the website.
Graduating students are now eyeing the finish line, and many of them are still trying to land their first real job. Southern Teachers can help talented students of all majors find a teaching job.
We work with private/independent, college-preparatory schools around the South, and many are seeking teachers for subjects ranging from American History to Zoology. This type of school can typically consider candidates who have not gone through a teacher-training program. They seek smart, successful, personable candidates who welcome the challenge of working with middle- & high-school students.
Southern Teachers provides a free service to candidates. Each accepted candidate is assigned a dedicated placement counselor to help them pursue appropriate opportunities. We’ve been connecting candidates and schools with one another since 1902, which means we must know a thing or two about helping folks find great teaching jobs.
To apply, please turn to our website: SouthernTeachers.com
Thank you for your consideration, and we hope you have a magnificent spring.
Austin White | Director of College Recruitment
434-295-9122 | SouthernTeachers.com
Go to: https://SouthernTeachers.com
Go to the website.
Anyone interested in jump starting their career in the golf (sports) industry either in event planning, sports communications, sports marketing, operations and so much more!
Anyone interested can visit www.ajga.org/careers directly for job descriptions, internship information and the online application.
Go to: http://www.ajga.org/careers
Go to the website.
The NCAA Postgraduate Internship Program annually provides on-the-job learning experiences at the national office in Indianapolis to college graduates who are passionate in their pursuit of a career in college sports administration.
With a focus on ethnic minorities, women and former student-athletes, this yearlong program gives insight to the inner workings of college sports from the national perspective. Interns over the past 25 years have taken their experience and institutional knowledge onto campuses and into the conference offices as full-time administrators.
NCAA postgraduate interns are nonexempt employees with benefits and they receive comprehensive training, mentor assignments, networking opportunities throughout the internship.
Additionally, postgraduate interns plan and execute professional development site visits to conference offices, member campuses and affiliate organizations to further their knowledge of the collegiate sports industry and network with today's leaders.
•Aug. 15 - Application opens (8 a.m. EST)
•Sept. 23 - Application deadline (11:59 p.m. EST)
•June 12, 2017 – Start date for 2017-18 internship program
For more information go to: http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/leadership-development/postgraduate-internship-program
Go to the website.
Upcoming Events & Programs
About Our Services
You must register with CCN to use our services. Once registered, you may:
- Search for jobs posted exclusively to Tusculum University; search the Jobs Central® national job board and the Intern Central® national internship board.
- Build a résumé with Résumé Builder, or upload a résumé file to Resume Central® so you can apply directly to jobs and/or allow it to be searched by employers (if you so authorize). Your résumé will be reviewed by our office and must be approved before it can be sent to employers or submitted online to posted jobs.
- Build an online portfolio in Career Portfolio Central® to support your résumé and demonstrate your best work to employers.
- Review your job search history. Report offers/hires.
- Receive emails about programs, services and job-related topics.
- Gain access to announcements, upcoming events, career advice documents, career advice videos, podcasts, and career articles from over 125 authors.
- Manage your on-campus interview schedules.
- CCN is a wonderful resource, but you may need the guidance of the career services staff to take full advantage of the resume builder and job search tools it provides. The career advice documents provide wonderful resources to educate the job seeker on all the critical first steps of the job search.
- The office of career services at Tusculum University provides so much more than can be contained in this online job resource. If you need assistance in any step of your career exploration, please schedule an appointment with Ms. Robin Lay, Director of Career Services, at 423.636.7447 or email@example.com.
- The career services office is typically open to answer questions most weekdays during regular office hours, excluding holidays and vacations.
- Additional career services are available to students and alumni. For more information, please view the Tusculum University Career Services web pages.