UWA Career Services makes an effort to determine if businesses are legitimate before approving them for job postings. However, we cannot guarantee that every company OR contact for a company are always legitimate. We have become aware that on a few occasions, the contact person listed was not an employee of a legitimate company registered with us and we deleted them from our database. As a result, we ask you to use caution when responding to companies and their representatives. Most representatives should have an email address from that company. I would be skeptical if they have a gmail or similar account. Use extreme caution about divulging information including your social security number or other sensitive information. We want your job search to be a positive, progressive experience that results in employment with a legitimate business and we make every effort to help with that process.
STUDENT & ALUMNI REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS
All Students and Alumni are eligible to use the University of West Alabama online job board after completing the following registration process through a site that has been specially designed for the University of West Alabama career center. Follow these simple steps:
· Go to your school’s Career Center URL: www.collegecentral.com/uwa.
· Select the Student or Alumni Icon, and read the instructions on the next page.
· Go to the Register Now link.
· Enter University of West Alabama (if it‘s not already pre-filled), a unique ID and a Password that you will remember. Confirm your password.
· Then Continue Registration.
· Enter all demographic information. Fields with an asterisk (*) are required, including email. Answer questions about where you want to work, the kinds of jobs that interest you, and your education. Employers will search this information to choose appropriate candidates, so be as thorough and complete as possible.
· Go to your homepage. You may search for jobs without uploading a resume.
· From your homepage, select Search for Jobs Posted to My School, enter criteria specific to the type of job you are seeking, and then Begin Search. You may also Search for Jobs in CCN’s Jobs Central, our national jobs database.
When conducting a job search using CCN, be aware that by selecting several search criteria, such as Major, Job Targets, etc., you are narrowing your search. It is a good idea to conduct a focused search, but you may also want to try searching different criteria. To view all jobs posted, leave all the search fields blank. To monitor your job search, select View My Job Search History from your homepage.
· From your homepage, select Upload a Resume. You should have a resume completed at this time to upload. Acceptable formats are listed. Browse for the file, select it, then Upload Your Resume.
· If you do not upload a resume, employers will not be able to contact you.
Congratulations! You now know how to navigate through College Central Network.
From now on you can visit your school’s site: www.collegecentral.com/uwa at anytime, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, three hundred and sixty-five days a year.
Just select the appropriate icon on the site homepage, then either Student or Alumni Central and enter University of West Alabama , your unique ID and Password and you’re there!
Upcoming Events & Programs
About Our Services
You must register with CCN to use our services. Once registered, you may:
- Search for jobs posted exclusively to University of West Alabama; search the Jobs Central® national job board and the Intern Central® national internship board.
- Build a résumé with Résumé Builder, or upload a résumé file to Resume Central® so you can apply directly to jobs and/or allow it to be searched by employers (if you so authorize). Your résumé will be reviewed by our office and must be approved before it can be sent to employers or submitted online to posted jobs.
- Build an online portfolio in Career Portfolio Central® to support your résumé and demonstrate your best work to employers.
- Review your job search history. Report offers/hires.
- Receive emails about programs, services and job-related topics.
- Gain access to announcements, upcoming events, career advice documents, career advice videos, podcasts, and career articles from over 125 authors.
- Search our Mentoring Network to find profiles of people who work in your fields of interest and contact them online.
- We offer counseling and assessments to help students with making career decisions and resouces to help with occupational exploration.
- We also provide resume advice and critiques and assistance with interview preparation
- Disclaimer: The primary purpose of CCN is to facilitate internships, part-time and full-time job placement for University of West Alabama students and alumni. Any information you provide is voluntary. University of West Alabama Career Services makes an effort to verify the legitimacy of employers before approving them to post jobs; however, we are unable to guarantee the legitimacy of all employers or contact persons and recommend students and alumni use caution divulging sensitive information and not send money to a company to obtain employment. Career Services only allows employers with whom we have a relationship to access resumes.