The password for the module (after clicking on search for mentors) is presidents.
Please read before contacting mentors in the W&J CCN Mentoring Network.
When preparing to contact the Alumni Mentors in the W&J CCN, we encourage professionally written messages that are grammatically correct. Construct a succinct message with a reference to the W&J mentoring network in the message. Use formal salutations and closings and show appreciation for his/her time and willingness to be a resource for your career growth.
Note: As it is important to make a positive first impression; please keep in mind that Career Services and your faculty advisors will be great resources for reviewing drafts of your communications.
A sample message might be something like:
Dear Dr. Bilsky,
I read your bio in the W&J CCN Mentoring Network and as a current junior majoring in English, I was wondering if you would be willing to speak with me about your experience as a graduate student at Stanford. I am preparing my own graduate school applications and welcome any advice you might have for me.
Thank you so much for your time and I appreciate your willingness to be a resource for W&J students.
Jane Doe, W&J ‘16
Writer, W&J Red & Black
Or an alternative:
Dear Mr. Van Cleve,
As a W&J student majoring in Business Administration, I am thinking about the sales field as a career direction. After reading your career information in the W&J CCN Mentoring Network, I am very interested in learning more about your work in the field. Would you be willing to speak with me about your work as a Sales Director in a technical field? Any advice you have will be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.
John Doe, W&J ‘15
Vice-President, Young Entrepreneur Society
Welcome to the online job posting and resume database system.
Once registered, you can search for jobs at any time from any computer.
If you want employers to consider you when they are searching for candidates, you must upload a resume.
Review the Resume Authorizations carefully and select the option that is appropriate for you. You may change your Authorization at any time.
Contact the Career Services Office if you have questions.
Columbia's recently re-designed M.A. program in Modern European Studies allows students to take any of Columbia's courses related to modern European topics in Arts and Sciences, the School of International and Public Affairs (SIPA), and the Law School. We also offer financial aid to competitive applicants and financial support to conduct research in Europe.
The program can be completed in 12 months. Students are invited to design their own programs of study in two concentrations: the social sciences or the humanities. We provide students with one-on-one support and advising to help them make the most of their time at Columbia.
Nemnet is a free resource for educators where they can:
View over 1000 job listings [nationwide]
Create an online profile and Post a Resume
Access over 500 Public and Private Schools [k-12]
Register for one of our  Regional Diversity Career Fairs
Download the Nemnet Mobile App and receive instant job alerts
Career Counseling Support
Go to: http://www.nemnet.com
Drew University's Caspersen School of Graduate Studies is holding an Open House for prospective students. It is scheduled for Thursday, October 15, 2015, from 5:00pm-7:00pm at Drew University's Ehinger Center.
The Open House is an informal program designed to help you learn about graduate study at Drew. Guests will have the opportunity to meet with faculty and the deans, learn about financial aid, find out about housing, and talk to currently enrolled students.
*Drew Universtiy offers Masters of Arts in Teaching of:
Biology, Chemistry, English, French, Italian, Math, Physics, Social Studies, Spanish, Theatre Arts.
*History and Culture M.A.'s and Ph.D.'s
Master of Fine Arts in Poetry and Poetry in Translation.
Arts & Letters in M.Litt. and D.Litt.
Medical Humanities in M.M.H. and D.M.H.
Register online today! drew.edu/grad/openhouse
Nemnet is a national resource organization that works with over 500 public and private schools [k-12], in the recruitment of teachers, administrators and coaches of
color. If you are looking or a job in education, let us help you!
Register online for free: http://www.nemnet.com
Princeton in Africa (PiAf) is an independent, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization based in Princeton, NJ. Our mission is to develop young leaders committed to Africa's advancement. We place bright, hardworking, passionate recent college graduates with remarkable host organizations for yearlong fellowship opportunities across the continent. Since 1999, we have placed nearly 400 Fellows in 35 African countries with more than 70 organizations.
Our program is open to graduates from any accredited U.S. college or university, and is highly selective, with an approximately 10% placement rate. For more information, please see the link below.
Interested in teaching?
Earn your master’s degree and secondary teaching certification in one-year!
A two-year/part time option is also available.
The Bard College Master of Arts in Teaching Program is accepting applications
for our 2015-16 academic year: Deadline: April 30th. Scholarships available.
Degree and Certification Areas:
History/ Social Studies
A major in one of these areas is not necessary to be considered for acceptance. Transcript reviews are strongly recommended for non-majors.
For more information: www.bard.edu/MAT
To begin an application: https://bard.slideroom.com/#/login/program/22782
Questions? We would love to hear from you. Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Pittsburgh Medical Center is now hiring in a variety of positions
Apply Directly for a job by going to www.upmc.com and going to the "Careers at UPMC" tab. Search the database for job opportunities by keyword/job title, hospital/business unit, location, and/or position status, or by typing in the job opening ID (if known)
About Our Services
You must register with CCN to use our services. Once registered, you may:
- Search for jobs posted exclusively to Washington & Jefferson College; search the Jobs Central® national job board and the Intern Central® national internship board.
- Upload a résumé file to Resume Central® so it can be searched by employers (if you so authorize). Your résumé will be reviewed by our office and must be approved before it can be sent to employers or submitted online to posted jobs.
- Build an online portfolio in Career Portfolio Central® to support your résumé and demonstrate your best work to employers.
- Review your job search history. Report offers/hires.
- Receive emails about programs, services and job-related topics.
- Gain access to announcements, upcoming events, career advice documents, career advice videos, podcasts, and career articles from over 125 authors.
- Search our Mentoring Network to find profiles of people who work in your fields of interest and contact them online. After you register, you must obtain our school password in order to search the profiles.
- You may also join our Mentoring Network without registering in Alumni Central. However, you must register in Alumni Central to take advantage of all online services. This includes the opportunity to search and network with other Mentors. You must obtain our school password in order to post your profile.
- If you only wish to complete a Mentoring Profile, please go to our Mentoring Network page.
- Schedule an appointment to meet with a career counselor to discuss job search tips, interviewing, or graduate school. To schedule an appointment, call 724-229-5126 or e-mail email@example.com. Please indicate your year of graduation and the purpose of your appointment.