Please read before contacting mentors in the W&J CCN Mentoring Network.
When preparing to contact the Alumni Mentors in the W&J CCN, we encourage professionally written messages that are grammatically correct. Construct a succinct message with a reference to the W&J mentoring network in the message. Use formal salutations and closings and show appreciation for his/her time and willingness to be a resource for your career growth.
Note: As it is important to make a positive first impression; please keep in mind that Career Services and your faculty advisors will be great resources for reviewing drafts of your communications.
A sample message might be something like:
Dear Dr. Bilsky,
I read your bio in the W&J CCN Mentoring Network and as a current junior majoring in English, I was wondering if you would be willing to speak with me about your experience as a graduate student at Stanford. I am preparing my own graduate school applications and welcome any advice you might have for me.
Thank you so much for your time and I appreciate your willingness to be a resource for W&J students.
Jane Doe, W&J ‘16
Writer, W&J Red & Black
Or an alternative:
Dear Mr. Van Cleve,
As a W&J student majoring in Business Administration, I am thinking about the sales field as a career direction. After reading your career information in the W&J CCN Mentoring Network, I am very interested in learning more about your work in the field. Would you be willing to speak with me about your work as a Sales Director in a technical field? Any advice you have will be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.
John Doe, W&J ‘15
Vice-President, Young Entrepreneur Society
Welcome to the online job posting and resume database system.
Once registered, you can search for jobs at any time from any computer.
If you want employers to consider you when they are searching for candidates, you must upload a resume.
Review the Resume Authorizations carefully and select the option that is appropriate for you. You may change your Authorization at any time.
Contact the Career Services Office if you have questions.
Wednesday, July 27, 2016
Wyndham Pittsburgh University Club
100 Lytton Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Looking for your next great IT, engineering, or science-related role? Plan to join us at this free recruiting event, hosted by the Pittsburgh Technology Council, which will feature companies looking to hire now in the Pittsburgh region. This job fair will be more casual and more suited to networking than your traditional fair, and will take place on the Wyndham's covered outdoor patio. Come enjoy a nice summer evening while networking with hiring employers and your peers. Your registration is FREE, but please pre-register so that we can plan for your arrival. Register here:
Go to: http://www.pghtech.org/
Go to the website.
Career/education opportunity for Biology/Life Science graduates.
Positions are available for the July 2016 class at the Anisa I. Kanbour School of Cytotechnology of UPMC located at Magee-Womens Hospital.
Program Details at a Glance
•12-month certificate program; at the end of which graduate is ASCP BOC CT eligible.
•Classes are in session Monday through Friday; start date is in July (specific date to be announced).
•Hours are typically 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM daily.
•Education Coordinator is the primary lecturer along with other staff members.
•Lectures are held in the school classroom and conference rooms.
Students systematically rotate through three UPMC hospitals to receive a broad spectrum of practical experience.
•Students are given the opportunity to attend numerous educational teleconferences, colposcopy study sessions, tumor board discussions, and breast cancer conferences.
•Graduates are eligible to take the ASCP BOC CT exam.
•Tuition is currently $8,100 for the year.
Go to the website.
Upcoming Events & Programs
About Our Services
You must register with CCN to use our services. Once registered, you may:
- Search for jobs posted exclusively to Washington & Jefferson College; search the Jobs Central® national job board and the Intern Central® national internship board.
- Upload a résumé file to Resume Central® so it can be searched by employers (if you so authorize). Your résumé will be reviewed by our office and must be approved before it can be sent to employers or submitted online to posted jobs.
- Build an online portfolio in Career Portfolio Central® to support your résumé and demonstrate your best work to employers.
- Review your job search history. Report offers/hires.
- Receive emails about programs, services and job-related topics.
- Gain access to announcements, upcoming events, career advice documents, career advice videos, podcasts, and career articles from over 125 authors.
- Search our Mentoring Network to find profiles of people who work in your fields of interest and contact them online.
- You may also join our Mentoring Network without registering in Alumni Central. However, you must register in Alumni Central to take advantage of all online services. This includes the opportunity to search and network with other Mentors.
- If you only wish to complete a Mentoring Profile, please go to our Mentoring Network page.
- Schedule an appointment to meet with a career counselor to discuss job search tips, interviewing, or graduate school. To schedule an appointment, call 724-229-5126 or e-mail email@example.com. Please indicate your year of graduation and the purpose of your appointment.