Not all superheroes wear capes!
A career in Student Affairs is like no other—it is one filled with meaningful encounters with students, high-energy events, and behind-the-scenes processes to make sure that students succeed and so much more!
Come learn about the many different options within a career in Student Affairs, and meet members of the Division of Student Affairs at the University of Bridgeport and the College Student Personnel program.
October 28, 2016 at 1:00pm
40 Rennell Street
Bridgeport, CT 06604
To register: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/careers-in-student-affairs-luncheon-tickets-28159371438
Go to the website.
Grad School Virtual Fair for Veterans - Yellow Ribbon Programs -
October 27, 2016
VETERANS GRAD SCHOOL VIRTUAL FAIR - OCTOBER 27, 2016
REGISTER NOW * LEARN MORE - Easily Meet Grad Schools Live in a Free Online Event!
Find out how to get ALL or Part of your Graduate Degree Paid for by 55+ Grad Schools
Go to the website.
Thursday, November 17, 2 p.m. – 8 p.m. ET
Registration is now open! Go to NSVirtualFair.com
Space is limited! To guarantee your entrance into this event, pre-registration is highly encouraged.
Join Us Online to Explore Careers in National Security
Protecting the nation is a BIG job. That’s why careers in national security can be found throughout the federal government. From STEM professionals to business, foreign language to intelligence analysis, there’s a career for you in National Security.
Join us for the National Security Virtual Career Fair to explore job opportunities, chat with recruiters and subject matter experts, and learn how to apply for job openings.
From the comfort of your computer or mobile device, you can:
U.S. citizenship is required. The United States Intelligence Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• Visit agency booths to explore available job opportunities
• Chat with recruiters and subject matter experts
• Learn about internships and other student opportunities
• Attend live presentations
The following agencies will be participating in the fair:
• Air Force Civilian Service
• Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)
• Department of Defense (DCPAS)
• Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA)
• Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA)
• Defense Logistics Agency (DLA)
• Defense Security Service (DSS)
• Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
• Department of Justice (DOJ)
• Department of State (DOS)
• National Air and Space Intelligence Center (NASIC)
• National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA)
• National Security Agency (NSA)
• Naval Intelligence Activity (ONI)
• Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA)/ Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWC)
• Navy SPAWAR
• Office of the Director of National Intelligence/ National Counterterrorism Center (ODNI/NCTC)
• U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)
• U.S. Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM)
Local non-profit organizations great for volunteer work or an internship. Organizations such as NORD or Youth Volunteer work. Find more information from the links below!
Use drop-in hours for resume reviews or to ask about career-related questions and concerns that can be discussed in approximately 15 minutes.
Every Tues. at the WS Campus Center 3rd floor: 2 pm to 4 pm
Every Wed. at SC 207 9 am to 11 am
Every Thurs. at SC 207 1 pm to 3 pm
Upcoming Events & Programs
About Our Services
You must register with CCN to use our services. Once registered, you may:
- Search for jobs posted exclusively to Western Connecticut State University; search the Jobs Central® national job board and the Intern Central® national internship board.
- Build a résumé with Résumé Builder, or upload a résumé file to Resume Central® so it can be searched by employers (if you so authorize). Your résumé will be reviewed by our office and must be approved before it can be sent to employers or submitted online to posted jobs.
- Build an online portfolio in Career Portfolio Central® to support your résumé and demonstrate your best work to employers.
- Review your job search history. Report offers/hires.
- Receive emails about programs, services and job-related topics.
- Gain access to announcements, upcoming events, career advice documents, career advice videos, podcasts, and career articles from over 125 authors.
- Manage your on-campus interview schedules.
- Search our Mentoring Network to find profiles of people who work in your fields of interest and contact them online.