Laughter helps to relieve stress, worries and pain and also gives you a renewed boost of energy. It can immediately put you in a better mood and improve your attitude so you can feel ready to tackle stressful situations.
Here are 3 amazing benefits on how laughter can improve your health:
First, Laughter is good for your physical health
What common human activity relaxes tense muscles, reduces blood pressure and heart rate, exercises the muscles in the face, diaphragm, and abdomen, boosts the immune system, and causes the body to release pain and fighting hormones? The answer: Laughter!
The act of laughing can cause beneficial physical changes to your body.
Here are some additional physical health benefits of laughter:
1. Laughter relaxes the whole body. You can relieve stress and relax your body and muscles for up to an hour.
2. Laughter boosts the immune system. Believe it or not, laughter can increase your immunity which helps you fight off disease.
3. Laughter signals the release of endorphins, the natural chemical that helps us feel good. Endorphins can also relieve minor pain temporarily.
4. Laughter improves blood circulation. Good hearty laughs on a regular basis help improve the blood flow through your body and strengthen your heart function.
Second, Laughter improves your mental health
Have you ever been walking through the mall or in a parking lot when a complete stranger gave you a smile? Just that little bit of shared happiness can lift your mood and make your day.
The same is true for laughter. In a difficult situation, a sense of humor can help you keep a positive outlook. Laughing can also help clear your head so you can find a solution to problems that challenge you.
We all go through periods of stress from time to time and, at those times, laughter can be a tremendous stress reliever.
Here are some additional mental health benefits of laughter:
1. Laughter relieves sad or distressing emotions. You can't feel anxious, angry, or sad when you're in the midst of a deep belly laugh.
2. Laughter relaxes your mind and recharges your energy. A good laugh can reduce your stress, increase your energy, and help you stay focused on the task at hand.
3. Laughter improves your problem solving skills. It can help you see another perspective of an issue, thus allowing you to strategize different ways to solve the problem.
The next time you're looking for an easy way to relieve stress in your life, try a dose of laughter.
Third, Laughter strengthens relationships
Laughter has a way of joining friends or family members together. Think of your closest relationships. What were the most memorable moments together? Probably the times when you were giggling at a prank or laughing at a joke together.
Laughing with good friends can be liberating. With a circle of friends, you can feel comfortable that your hearty deep belly laughter will be shared by all!
Laughing at home is a wonderful way to bring a family closer together. Usually families are most relaxed at home, and a good healthy dose of laughter while sharing the day's adventures can help relieve stress.
Sharing laughter is a way to have something in common with someone we care about. Laughter can soften the mood, which can lead to more open communication.
Using humor and laughter in relationships allows you to:
1. Be carefree and spontaneous. Everything in life seems great when you can laugh about it.
2. Let go of judgments, doubts, and criticisms. Laughing puts you in a more positive frame of mind, which will then allow you to see the good in everything.
3. Release resentment. The fears or resentment that cause you to hold back are replaced with love and respect.
4. Express your true feelings. It's much easier to approach difficult conversations when both parties are in good spirits.
Sharing laughter adds joyfulness to any relationship. When you share funny stories, memories, or jokes together, it's unitive, especially during difficult or stressful times.
Get in the habit of laughing more often! Use these benefits as reminders and you'll soon be finding more and more ways to enjoy your life!
You can find more tips, strategies and techniques to help boost your energy and relieve stress with the FREE Boost Your Energy Starting Now Kit at http://www.joseesmith.com.© 2016 Josee Smith
The views and opinions expressed in these articles do not necessarily reflect those of College Central Network, Inc. or its affiliates. Reference to any company, organization, product, or service does not constitute endorsement by College Central Network, Inc., its affiliates or associated companies. The information provided is not intended to replace the advice or guidance of your legal or medical professional.