The Career Fair is a closed event, open only to students and alumni of the ENCCA institutions. Those affiliated with the Metrolina Career Consortium and the North Carolina Career Consortium are also invited. Most attendees will be graduating in May, seeking full-time employment and/or graduate school information at the Career Fair. Organizations will also meet students who are attending for general career-related information (such as internships) and alumni who are seeking positions or information.
Tables for Employers and graduate school representatives are not prearranged and are available to representatives on a first-come, first-serve basis; therefore, representatives should plan to arrive between 8:00-8:30 a.m. to select and set up their booth and enjoy a continental breakfast with college representatives. The career fair is from 9:00-2:00; this is a time to talk with students, provide information on your organization, and determine if you would like to talk further with the student/alumni at some other time in the future. On a rotating basis, registered employer representatives are invited to attend a lunch between 11:00am-1:00pm. Wireless access is available.
Take a moment to note the following deadlines for employers and graduate schools:
- January 21, 2019 - Priority Registration Deadline: Registration forms must be submitted by this date in order to guarantee your space at the event. We will continue to accept registrations through February 5, 2019 on a space available basis.
- January 26, 2018 - Any cancellation requests must be received by this date in order to receive a refund.
- February 15, 2019 - All invoices must be paid in full and employer profile information must be entered.
In preparation for the fair, know that students and alumni want to talk with employers about job openings, career opportunities, and hiring processes and with graduate schools about program information and application procedures. Be prepared to share this information as well as organizational literature with attendees.
Eastern North Carolina Career Alliance Career Fair Policies
The Eastern North Carolina Career Alliance (ENCCA) invites employer organizations to register for their career fair provided they meet the following basic criteria:
- The organization must have actual or anticipated bona fide internship, co-op, full-time, or graduate school opportunities for our students and alumni.
- The organization must accurately describe the responsibilities and requirements for the opportunities it offers at the ENCCA career fair.
- All conditions for advertised positions must be clearly publicized in the position description.
- This includes, but is not limited to, positions that are commission-based, involve out-of-pocket financial expenses, test taking, etc. Registration for multi-level marketing companies will not be accepted.
- Employer organizations are expected to be familiar with and to honor the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) Principles for Professional Conduct for Career Services and Employment Professionals revised in January 2012. Review the NACE standards.
Inclement Weather and Cancellation Procedures
- ENCCA consortium members will monitor weather conditions and consult with onsite officials at the fair site.
- Should a weather emergency be occurring or imminent, ENCCA may come to a decision to cancel the fair on the scheduled day.
- Good faith efforts will be made to communicate cancellation of the fair to all registered employers and organizations via email messages and phone calls.
- All attempts will be made to reschedule the career fair at a later date. A new date will be communicated through email messages to registered employers and organizations. If the fair is rescheduled but an organization is unable to attend on the new date then the organization may apply 100% of their registration fee to the career fair for the following year or request a refund, which will be 50% of the registration fee which will be provided by check to the organization. If the ENCCA fair is canceled for the current academic year employers may request a refund of registration fees minus processing and administrative fees
You are welcome to send recruitment materials/displays in advance of the event. To ensure that your materials arrive for the day of the fair be sure that the following is clearly marked on all boxes:
Attention: ENCCA Career Fair, Wednesday, February 21, 2018
1101 Gorman Street
Campus Box 7401
Raleigh, NC 27695
Additional Recruitment Opportunities:
The ENCCA Nonprofit Career Fair will be held on March 22nd, 2019 on the William Peace University campus from 11am-1pm. Non-profit organizations and government departments recruiting for full-time positions, interns, seasonal positions and part-time positions are eligible to participate. There is no cost to participate, however we are limited to 35 organizations. Contact Dr. Shelly Hoover-Plonk for further information: firstname.lastname@example.org. more