The California State Assembly District Office Internship Program offers high school and college students a unique opportunity to participate in and experience the work of a state assembly office. The program exposes students to district office operations and the grassroots activities of a legislator’s work. These experiences include working with constituents, conducting community outreach efforts, assisting community-based organizations, organizing civic events and projects, database development and upkeep, staffing the office, and other activities.
Internships are available to all part-time or full-time students 15 1/2 years of age or older. Depending on their high school or college programs, students may also receive different types of school credits for participating as an intern.
Many legislators and senior policy staff began their careers by interning in a district office. It is an invaluable way to gain a true understanding of California’s democratic process, as well as an excellent opportunity to make important contacts while serving the community.
Interns will gain valuable education and work experience by fully participating in agreed-upon hours of work. All internship work is voluntary and students will not receive any monetary compensation.
If you are interested in participating in the 57th Assembly District Office Internship Program, simply complete the online application below or download, print and mail your written application with the required writing sample to:
Majority Leader Ian C. Calderon
13181 Crossroads Parkway North, Suite 160
City of Industry, CA 91746
For more information visit my website at: asmdc.org/calderon
As space becomes available, qualified candidates will be invited for an interview. Thank you for your interest in this very unique opportunity to serve your community. I look forward to your participation. If you have any questions, please call (562) 692-5858.
Go to: https://a57.asmdc.org/
Go to the website.
Upcoming Events & Programs
About Our Services
You must register with CCN to use our services. Once registered, you may:
- Search for jobs posted exclusively to Rio Hondo College; search the Jobs Central® national job board and the Intern Central® national internship board.
- Build a résumé with Résumé Builder, or upload a résumé file to Resume Central® so you can apply directly to jobs and/or allow it to be searched by employers (if you so authorize). Your résumé will be reviewed by our office and must be approved before it can be sent to employers or submitted online to posted jobs.
- Build an online portfolio in Career Portfolio Central® to support your résumé and demonstrate your best work to employers.
- Review your job search history. Report offers/hires.
- Receive emails about programs, services and job-related topics.
- Gain access to announcements, upcoming events, career advice documents, career advice videos, podcasts, and career articles from over 125 authors.
- Manage your on-campus interview schedules.