Schedule an Appointment
Listed below are options for appointments with staff at the Career Center and elsewhere on campus. You may schedule an appointment online or contact our office to discuss other options.
Job Search Process covers the following:
What are the job market and recruiting trends for college graduates?
Want to know the link between education, career and the job market?
What does the future hold for your Field of Interest?
What are the hot jobs of the future?
How can you brand your skills for your dream job?
- Job Search: Overview of Job Search Process
Are you ready for ypour new career? Are you transitioning to a new career/job? Hear about the skills employers will need to see on your résumés. Learn how to convert your classroom learning, projects, and prior work history to your new target.
- Interviewing: Interviewing and Beyond
Do you have your electronic résumé ready for your job search? No? Get an introduction of why /how you must have one ready to maintain a competetive edge in the workplace.
- Résumé: Creating an Electronic Résumé
Get a quick 10 minute review of your existing résumé and determine what to do next.
- Résumé: Request a Quick Résumé Critique
WE CANNOT MAKE EDITS TO YOUR RÉSUMÉ ON THIS SITE SO WE DO NOT RECOMMEND THAT YOU UPLOAD A RÉSUMÉ UNLESS IT WAS APPROVED IN OUR ELECTRONIC RÉSUMÉ BUILDER AT OptimalResume.
Go to https://www.aacc.edu/resources/careers-and-employment/employment-services/ to access a full range of our online services.
(1) Once you get to the website, click on “How to write a résumé” to view our Résumé Writing Guide.
(2) Click on “Creating a résumé” to get to our electronic résumé builder at OptimalResume. YOU MUST FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS TO CREATE AND COMPLETE YOUR DOCUMENT. DO NOT UPLOAD YOUR CURRENT DOCUMENT INTO THE BUILDER.
(3) You will then send the document to our Review Center for further edits and review.
Questions? Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Go to the website.
The staff at Employment Services make every effort to perform checks and due diligence on new employers who register on our database. However, we ask that you check the following when conducting your job search or responding to job postings:
The company’s website does not work nor has detailed information about the company.
The email address for the recruiter is personal and does not correspond to the company’s email on record. For example, you may see email@example.com instead of firstname.lastname@example.org.
The address for the job posting lists a home address and does not correspond to the legal business address for the company.
The job description is sparse; includes spelling and grammatical errors, and is not in keeping with the company’s services and mission.
The recruiter is offering you a job without a face to face interview.
The recruiter asks for your personal information (bank account, social security number, credit card) OR asks you to send money or prepay for services and you will be reimbursed later.
The compensation seems far too generous. For example, you are offered $2,400.00 per week to perform simple tasks.
Google: Conduct a google search using the name of the employer and then the recruiter’s name and the word “scam” and check results.
Better Business Bureau: Go to http://www.bbb.org/ and check the company/recruiter’s name and you can also use the scam tracker available on the site.
Federal Trade Commission: Go to https://www.ftc.gov/ for various consumer information including SCAM Alerts.
Glassdoor: Go to www.glassdoor.com and conduct a company review.
If you think you have engaged in any fraudulent activity with an employer:
1. Cease any activity with the employer.
2. Contact Employment Services at email@example.com.
Upcoming Events & Programs
About Our Services
You must register with CCN to use our services. Once registered, you may:
- Search for jobs posted exclusively to Anne Arundel Community College; search the Jobs Central® national job board and the Intern Central® national internship board.
- Upload a résumé file to Resume Central® so you can apply directly to jobs and/or allow it to be searched by employers (if you so authorize). Your résumé will be reviewed by our office and must be approved before it can be sent to employers or submitted online to posted jobs.
- Build an online portfolio in Career Portfolio Central® to support your résumé and demonstrate your best work to employers.
- Review your job search history. Report offers/hires.
- Receive emails about programs, services and job-related topics.
- Gain access to announcements, upcoming events, career advice documents, career advice videos, podcasts, and career articles from over 125 authors.
- Manage your on-campus interview schedules.