Please join us for the Fall Employment Fair - Wednesday, August 29, 2018.
Chicago State University's Fall Employment fair will attract employers seeking to hire immediately for full-time, internship, and experiential opportunities. Our goal is to help CSU students and alumni secure opportunities that will enable them to meet financial obligations while expanding their exposure to employers in the private, public, non-profit, and contract work.
As employers register, the career development center will update with the list of participating employers.
One last note, please dress to business casual and bring plenty of resumes and if you need to print copies of your resume, please come to the Cordell Reed Student Union Building, Suite 230. See you soon!
Visit link to register!
Go to the website.
We've added a pdf on preparing your resume for federal jobs; the document is located in the career document library.
This competition is open to all higher education institutions in the United States, Argentina, Brazil, Guyana, and Mexico, that promote academic exchanges and training opportunities in the fields of Engineering (with a focus on petroleum, civil, chemical and mechanical engineering), Physics, Geology, and Geophysics.
The deadline for submitting a proposal is October 1, 2018 by 11:59 p.m., EST.
Go to the website.
Welcome to our new online job posting and resume database system.
Once registered, you can search for jobs at any time from any computer.
If you want employers to consider you when they are searching for candidates, you must upload a resume.
Review the Resume Authorizations carefully and select the option that is appropriate for you. You may change your Authorization at any time.
Contact the Career Development Center if you have questions.
773-995-2327 9am - 5pm CST.
Starting in Fall 2018: A relatively small scale recruiting effort will be performed to fill outreach and office positions, including Recruiting Assistant, Office Operations Supervisor, and Clerk positions.
Starting in January 2019: The Census Bureau will begin opening 40 Area Census Offices (ACOs) to support the first large field operation, Address Canvassing. The recruiting effort will take place from January 2019 to June 2019.
Starting in June 2019: An additional 208 ACOs will begin opening to support all field operations conducted in the year 2020. The recruiting effort will take place from September 2019 to February 2020.
Go to the website.
Upcoming Events & Programs
About Our Services
You must register with CCN to use our services. Once registered, you may:
- Search for jobs posted exclusively to Chicago State University; search the Jobs Central® national job board and the Intern Central® national internship board.
- Build a résumé with Résumé Builder, or upload a résumé file to Resume Central® so you can apply directly to jobs and/or allow it to be searched by employers (if you so authorize). Your résumé will be reviewed by our office and must be approved before it can be sent to employers or submitted online to posted jobs.
- Build an online portfolio in Career Portfolio Central® to support your résumé and demonstrate your best work to employers.
- Review your job search history. Report offers/hires.
- Receive emails about programs, services and job-related topics.
- Gain access to announcements, upcoming events, career advice documents, career advice videos, podcasts, and career articles from over 125 authors.
- Manage your on-campus interview schedules.
- Services for CSU students and alumni include:
- Help Choosing a Major/Career Path
- Career Planning
- Professional Development Workshops
- Internship Opportunities
- Job Search Document Assistance (Cover Letters, Resumes)
- Job Search Assistance
- Application Assistance (Graduate School, Internship, Fellowship, etc)
- Career Assessment
- Personal Branding
- Career Fairs and On-Campus Recruitment Interviews