Check out these helpful tips to make the most of your account:
• Search for Postings Under "Search My School's Jobs" Button: Click the "Search My School's Jobs" button to search the site for postings added to College Central by employers who specifically want to hire DMACC students and grads. Note that you can conduct basic searches, or you can conduct more complex searches by clicking the "Advanced Search" tab. Popular fields to search by include major, job target, position type, and location.
• Check Out Upcoming Events: Note that your dashboard includes an event calandar with information about on-campus and off-campus career events, like career fairs and information sessions. Be sure to check back often as we're always adding new career events to the calendar!
• Post Your Resume: You can upload your resume to your account and make it searchable so that employers can find it and reach out to you directly. This is optional. Please note that Career Center staff will review your resume before we approve it for posting on your account.
Would you like some feedback on your resume? The DMACC Career Center is here to help! You have several options for getting help with your resume:
1. Upload Your Resume to College Central
Our staff will review any resume uploaded to College Central within 1-3 business days. To put your resume on College Central...
* Log into your account on www.CollegeCentral.com/DMACC
* Click the My Resume link on your account menu; click the Upload a Resume link
* Browse your computer's files to find the desired resume file and upload it to College Central
PRO TIP: When you upload your resume to College Central, you can choose to authorize your resume to be searchable by employers. Many employers use College Central to search our resume database for candidates by major, graduation date, GPA, etc. If you make your resume searchable to employers, make sure your profile on College Central is up-to-date and contains all your information so employers can find/contact you.
2. Email Your Resume
Email your resume draft to email@example.com and a member of our staff will send you feedback within 1-3 business days. Be sure to include information about the type(s) of jobs or internships you're applying for in your email so we can tailor our feedback to your field.
3. Make an Appointment
Call 515-964-6200 and dial 0 to reach an operator or schedule with one of us through our online calendars:
- Sara's Calendar: https://calendly.com/snclayton
- Kara's Calendar: https://calendly.com/kdonovan2
Looking for a babysitting or nannying job? You can now easily find these opportunities on College Central by following these steps:
1) Click Search My School's Jobs
2) Click Advanced Search
3) Search for FAMILY in the School Job ID field
Did you complete a degree, diploma, or certificate program at DMACC in the past year? If yes, please take a moment to complete our graduate follow-up survey (linked below). The survey takes about 5 minutes to complete.
Each year, the DMACC Career Center collects data about our graduates' professional and academic pursuits. All data is confidential and reported in groups by program. Please help us complete our report by completing your survey today!
If you experience issues accessing the Outcomes Survey website, please contact the Career Center at 515-964-6463 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Go to the website.
Buying professional attire for interviews or new jobs/internships can be expensive, but the DMACC Career Center can help! We have connections with local professional clothing providers who offer *FREE* attire to job seekers. Contact the Career Center for more information - we'll get you suited!
ATTENTION ALL STUDENT & ALUMNI USERS OF DMACC'S COLLEGE CENTRAL NETWORK:
Listing of job postings on this site should not be deemed as a representation by Des Moines Area Community College of an employer's fitness or credentials. Des Moines Area Community College expressly disclaims any liability which results from any applicant's response to any job posted on this site. Des Moines Area Community College reserves the right to make changes to or deny access to the online job board at its sole discretion. All concerns and issues should be brought to our attention via an email to the Career Center at email@example.com.
For your privacy and protection when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
If you find a suspicious posting on the DMACC College Central Network website or have a suspicious interaction with an employer who you connected with through the site, contact the DMACC Career Center IMMEDIATELY at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-964-6463.
Additional information about avoiding job scams can be found on the Federal Trade Commission's website (linked below).
Go to the website.
Upcoming Events & Programs
About Our Services
You must register with CCN to use our services. Once registered, you may:
- Search for jobs posted exclusively to Des Moines Area Community College; search the Jobs Central® national job board and the Intern Central® national internship board.
- Upload a résumé file to Resume Central® so you can apply directly to jobs and/or allow it to be searched by employers (if you so authorize). Your résumé will be reviewed by our office and must be approved before it can be sent to employers or submitted online to posted jobs.
- Build an online portfolio in Career Portfolio Central® to support your résumé and demonstrate your best work to employers.
- Review your job search history. Report offers/hires.
- Receive emails about programs, services and job-related topics.
- Gain access to announcements, upcoming events, career advice documents, career advice videos, podcasts, and career articles from over 125 authors.
- Learn more about the DMACC Career Center's services and access a variety of resources on our website, www.dmacc.edu/careercenter.