The Career Services office has extended services to other campus locations! Call 864-250-8139 or drop by to schedule an appointment.
Buck Mickel Center
Do you need to have a polished resume? Do you want to sharpen up those interview skills and receive some constructive criticism? Contact the Career Services Office at 250-8139 to schedule an appointment for a resume critique and/or mock interview. Please be sure to bring a copy of your current resume.
The Career Services office is pleased to offer you a free training system that features a new and innovative way to help you prepare more effectively for a job interview.
Big Interview is an online system that combines training AND practice to help improve your interview technique and build your confidence.
You have at your disposal a variety of tools including:
-Challenging, virtual mock interviews for all experience levels and dozens of industries
-A database of thousands of interview questions with tips on how to answer them
-The ability to rate and share your interview answers for feedback
-A comprehensive video training curriculum covering all aspects of landing a job
-A step-by-step interview Answer Builder for crafting answers to behavioral questions
How to Register
Here is the info to set up your Big Interview account:
STEP 1: Go to http://gvltec.biginterview.com/ and click "Register".
STEP 2: Complete registration process
STEP 3: You'll then receive a confirmation email at your email address. Click "Verify" in the email, and you'll be able to start using Big Interview.
Go to the website.
Greenville Tech Career Services offers workshops in subjects to provide you the resources and assistance you need to search for a job and find success. These are scheduled weekly. Please call for schedule.
Developing Soft Skills
Job Hunting Strategies
Space is limited to 16 seats, so please call ahead to reserve your seat. You may reach the Career Center at 250-8139.
Upcoming Events & Programs
About Our Services
You must register with CCN to use our services. Once registered, you may:
- Search for jobs posted exclusively to Greenville Technical College; search the Jobs Central® national job board and the Intern Central® national internship board.
- Build a résumé with Résumé Builder, or upload a résumé file to Resume Central® so you can apply directly to jobs and/or allow it to be searched by employers (if you so authorize). Your résumé will be reviewed by our office and must be approved before it can be sent to employers or submitted online to posted jobs.
- Build an online portfolio in Career Portfolio Central® to support your résumé and demonstrate your best work to employers.
- Review your job search history. Report offers/hires.
- Receive emails about programs, services and job-related topics.
- Gain access to announcements, upcoming events, career advice documents, career advice videos, podcasts, and career articles from over 125 authors.
- Search our Mentoring Network to find profiles of people who work in your fields of interest and contact them online.
- You may also join our Mentoring Network without registering in Alumni Central. However, you must register in Alumni Central to take advantage of all online services. This includes the opportunity to search and network with other Mentors.
- If you only wish to complete a Mentoring Profile, please go to our Mentoring Network page.