ORNL Postdoctoral Career Fair 2015
Dear Talent Acquisition Professional,
Look no further for an exceptional pool of scientific and engineering talent!
The Oak Ridge Postdoctoral Association (ORPA), in conjunction with the Oak Ridge Institute for Science Education (ORISE), is pleased to invite you to the Oak Ridge National Laboratory Postdoctoral Career Fair! It is our aim to help match the unique experiences of ORNL-trained postdocs, post-masters, and post-bachelor researchers to the needs of your company! Want to know more about the exciting research taking place at ORNL? Learn more here!
May 19, 2015
200+ ORNL Postdocs!
80+ Bredesen Center PhD Candidates!
95+ ORNL Post-masters and
*Click Here to Register for this Event or visit the ORNL Career Fair website www.orau.org/ornl/careerfair for more information. Registration ends May 1, 2015.
* Booth registration fee: Earlybird registration only $150!
(sponsorship/advertising opportunities available!)
* Registration includes: One 6' table with linen, lunch, tickets to a Meet and Greet reception for two company representatives, and company name and recruiting needs in career fair handbook.
* All exhibitors will receive a 2015 Digital Resume/CV Book which will include the resumes/CVs of each registered participant.
Don't miss an excellent opportunity to recruit top scientific talent from worldwide educational institutions and interdisciplinary backgrounds!
Sincerely, Your Postdoctoral Career Fair Committee,
Ryan Cooper, Ph.D., ORPA Career Development Chair
Danny S. McKenna, Ph.D., Postdoctoral Program Manager
Nicie C. Murphy, Ph.D., ORISE Project Manager
Josh Scull, Human Resources Manager, ORNL Physical Sciences
If you have questions or comments, please contact Dr. Nicie Murphy directly at 865-241-6958 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Spring 2015 College Career Booklets have just been released. You may find the documents under Job Opportunities for Graduates. These are great resources for your students, as they provide a listing of job titles for which students may qualify based on their degree, no experience necessary.
As a reminder, bachelor degree students who are within seven months of graduation and have completed at least 90 credits, and associate degree students who are within seven months of graduation and have completed at least 45 credits, may begin the application and testing process prior to graduation.
The entire summary of open civil service examinations can be accessed at by selecting Job Seekers . This listing is updated every two weeks, so students are encouraged to access it frequently to read about new employment opportunities.
This web site acts as a venue for Marywood University students and alumni to review potential employment opportunities and to post their resume for review by prospective employers. It is expected that all students and alumni using this site will:
* accurately present qualifications and experiences during the course of their job search
* conduct in-depth research on potential employers to determine their legitimacy and reputation
* honor any verbally accepted job offer as a contractual agreement
* report any unprofessional practices of potential employers to Career Services immediately
Marywood University Career Services disclaims any liability for the recruiting, hiring, or employment practices of employers using this system. Employer access to this site does not constitute an endorsement of that organization. Career Services is not involved in the actual transaction between employers and students/alumni.
About Our Services
You must register with CCN to use our services. Once registered, you may:
- Search for jobs posted exclusively to Marywood University; search the Jobs Central® national job board and the Intern Central® national internship board.
- Build a résumé with Résumé Builder, or upload a résumé file to Resume Central® so it can be searched by employers (if you so authorize). Your résumé will be reviewed by our office and must be approved before it can be sent to employers or submitted online to posted jobs.
- Build an online portfolio in Career Portfolio Central® to support your résumé and demonstrate your best work to employers.
- Review your job search history. Report offers/hires.
- Receive emails about programs, services and job-related topics.
- Gain access to announcements, upcoming events, career advice documents, career advice videos, podcasts, and career articles from over 125 authors.
- Manage your on-campus interview schedules.