INDVIDUAL CAREER ASSESSMENT
One to one (individual) discussion to clarify your goals, areas of interest, skills, and employment needs in relation to the job market. Interest and personality testing available.
RESUME CONSULTATION AND CRITIQUING
Appointments may be scheduled for assistance with resume and cover letter preparation. If you’re pressed for time, drop off a copy of your resume, and a Career Services staff member will critique it and return it with written comments within five days.
Mock interviews with or without videotaping may be scheduled to practice your interviewing skills. You will receive feedback regarding your manner of dress, non-verbal behavior, and ability to handle questions.
ON-LINE CAREER RESOURCES
Utilize the Internet to access information on job listings, internship opportunities, employer profiles, and career resources. Informative sites are already bookmarked. Available in the Career Services Office, it is easy to use and free of charge.
CAREER INFORMATION LIBRARY
Specific up-to-date information on careers including descriptions of responsibilities, salaries, employment outlook, training requirements, advantages, and disadvantages of various careers.
Visit our online job posting system at www.northampton.edu/careers to: search for jobs, post your resume, research employers, and more.
Monday - Thursday 7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Stop by the Career Servcies Office in CC-348 or call (610) 861-5344 for more information or to schedule an appointment.
Career Services at Northampton Community College serves only as a clearinghouse of information regarding job and internship opportunities. The listing of a position should not be interpreted as an endorsement. Students and alumni should personally research openings and agencies prior to entering into any contractual agreements. Accordingly, College Central Network and Northampton Community College expressly disclaim any liability in connection with any potential or actual employment which results from any applicant's response to any job posted on this site.
If you would like to change the accessibility of your resume on CCN, please follow the steps below:
1. Log-in to CCN
2. Click on Manage My Resume
3. Change your resume authorization (There are 4 options to choose from).
Northampton Community College is happy to announce a partnership with College Central Network, Inc. for all students, alumni, and employers.
This service allows students and alumni to upload resumes to our web-site and search for a variety of jobs and internships twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. Additionally students and alumni have access to national jobs through the CareerBuilder.com network and a variety of helpful career and job search advice.
Employers can post jobs and internships and review student and alumni resumes.
Check this announcements page often for special career development events and activities.
For questions about using the system, contact our career services office.
Go to the website.
Upcoming Events & Programs
About Our Services
You must register with CCN to use our services. Once registered, you may:
- Search for jobs posted exclusively to Northampton Community College; search the Jobs Central® national job board and the Intern Central® national internship board.
- Build a résumé with Résumé Builder, or upload a résumé file to Resume Central® so you can apply directly to jobs and/or allow it to be searched by employers (if you so authorize). Your résumé will be reviewed by our office and must be approved before it can be sent to employers or submitted online to posted jobs.
- Build an online portfolio in Career Portfolio Central® to support your résumé and demonstrate your best work to employers.
- Review your job search history. Report offers/hires.
- Receive emails about programs, services and job-related topics.
- Gain access to announcements, upcoming events, career advice documents, career advice videos, podcasts, and career articles from over 125 authors.