Please be aware of job scams. Never give out your private information. Be leery of companies outside the local area who ask for your banking information to pay you. If you are uneasy, go with your gut instinct and decline interactions with the company. Please let Career Services know of any suspicion of fraudulent companies at 941-359-3586 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Go to the website.
I wanted to send to you a link to a new website "Service Programs that Change the World", (serviceprograms.org). Each year the Center fore Faith and Service identifies and lifts up year long service opportunities that are designed to attract, support and launch individuals before, during or after college.
Below is an article in the Huffington Post that announces this years "class."
At a time when many students are looking for opportunities to serve, these organization are worth investigating.
If you are seeking volunteering opportunities in communities across the region, please contact Kati Hinds, the Coordinator of Student Organizations & Leadership (Student Engagement): email@example.com / 941.359.4305
USF Sarasota-Manatee is dedicated to providing career opportunities related to the degree programs offered and that will build experiences to help students land their first job or advance within their field. We partner with employers who comply with all state and federal laws and regulations, University policy http://www.usf.edu/diversity/equal-opportunity/index.aspx, as well as the NACE’s Principles for Professional Practice for Employment Professionals - http://www.naceweb.org/knowledge/principles-for-professional-practice.aspx. Failure to do so will result in immediate suspension of on campus recruitment activities, including removal of any active job postings within College Central Network.
Additionally, the Career Services has developed the following policies to ensure that USF Sarasota-Manatee students and alumni are treated fairly and are being recruited for viable positions. Career Services reserves the right to deny recruiting privileges (job postings, resume reviews, on campus interviewing, career fairs, etc.) to any organization.
Employers Who Post Jobs With Us Must Have:
• A business address, not a residential address
• A legitimate website
• A business email domain, not a personal e-mail domain
Types of Jobs That Can Be Posted:
• Only job vacancies can be advertised in College Central Network
• Part-time, on- or off-campus positions
• Full-time positions
Types of Jobs that Can NOT Be Posted:
• Babysitting or other In-Home Employment
• Door-to-Door Sales positions
• Commission-Only Employment
• Pyramid or Multi-level Opportunities
• Positions Requiring Upfront Purchase of Product of Services
• Job Opportunities Outside the US
Tips to Attract Applicants
Students want to know what will I do and do I qualify for the position. Use clear and concise language. Spell out the essential functions and duties that are critical to the position. Define the knowledge, skills, and experience required to qualify for the position. Other things students consider when reviewing a job lead are: a salary range or starting wage, training opportunities, tuition reimbursement, career pathways and benefits.
Unpaid positons must state that they are unpaid positions. Positions cannot list a wage less than minimum wage. No compete clauses must be stated in the job posting.
Go to the website.
Students and alumni are responsible for all necessary precautions when submitting a resume, interviewing and/or accepting positions listed on the website. It is the user's responsibility to check the accuracy and reliability of information provided as well as the credentials and integrity of the hiring organization.
Please notify Career Services of any unusual job posting. Thank you!
Have you found a job through College Central or Career Services? Don't forget to Report your Hire! All you have to do is sign into your College Central Network account and on that home page under search for opportunities posted to my school, you will click on report offers/hires! The feedback is appreciated. Thank you
Upcoming Events & Programs
About Our Services
You must register with CCN to use our services. Once registered, you may:
- Search for jobs posted exclusively to University of South Florida Sarasota-Manatee; search the Jobs Central® national job board and the Intern Central® national internship board.
- Build a résumé with Résumé Builder, or upload a résumé file to Resume Central® so you can apply directly to jobs and/or allow it to be searched by employers (if you so authorize). Your résumé will be reviewed by our office and must be approved before it can be sent to employers or submitted online to posted jobs.
- Build an online portfolio in Career Portfolio Central® to support your résumé and demonstrate your best work to employers.
- Review your job search history. Report offers/hires.
- Receive emails about programs, services and job-related topics.
- Gain access to announcements, upcoming events, career advice documents, career advice videos, podcasts, and career articles from over 125 authors.
- Manage your on-campus interview schedules.
- Whether you are preparing for or seeking to advance in employment or deciding on graduate school, we have the best resources that will give you the confidence in reaching your next destination. Don't wait, begin today.
- Select "schedule an appointment" to meet with a career advisor.
- Please consider being a mentor to students. If interested call us at 941-359-4586.